Post-Game Talk: Mon. Oct 24th 2016 | Flyers 1 @ Canadiens 3

explosive skating

Jul 5, 2015
We played a damn good road game. Especially considering the injuries on d. Dumb pointless penalty cost us the 1 maybe 2 points.

Man Macdonald is probably the worst player in the NHL. I don't think I've seen a player be such a detriment to a team like macd was tonight. Literally every time he touched the puck it was a turnover. Turned it over and screened mase for the first goal. I am absolutely horrified we are stuck with him at 5+ mil for 4 (?) more years.

Exactly my thoughts. And yes, they are stuck with him till 2020 :help: It's like their cap ceiling was $68M. They are handicapped. Screw that, just send him to AHL today.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
He's at 46%, same as Couturier.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...2017&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,&sort=faceoffsWon

I wanted to see Raffl-Bellemare-Weise get a run, but since that's still not possible I'd be fine with switching up the 3C now, but not because of faceoffs.
His 90% game against Chicago is inflating his numbers. Besides that one game his highest percent at the dot is 41%. Last night he was 12.5% on the dot. Faceoffs are an issue for him, his game against Chicago is the only reason the season stats are respectable but overall he's been a negative in that department.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Exactly my thoughts. And yes, they are stuck with him till 2020 :help: It's like their cap ceiling was $68M. They are handicapped. Screw that, just send him to AHL today.

They will buy him out in 2019 with only a year left on his contract. It comes with a approx $2 million penalty in 2020-2021 but with almost $4 million in savings for 2019-2020.

If Mannings play keeps up, the Flyers might want to protect him in the expansion draft so that means a lot more of MacDonald this season to make him eligible.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA

Why would you trade valuable assets for him? Flyers are not losing because of goaltending.

Additionally, who knows how Price would have looked behind Streit, MacD, and Shultz.

Oh, I know. I was just asking a somewhat sarcastic question. He really does make it look effortless, though.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Ghost looks like he has his jump back. Was on the ice for 15 of the Flyers 17 scoring chances (2 against). Hopefully that was the last game he plays with 47. I'm still looking for the word to describe that performance he turned in.

MacDonald should just be in the AHL for good now until they're ready to make a buyout (whenever that is).

I don't even want him on the Phantoms. He'd only be taking minutes away from someone who could use them.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Mac and streit have to go with gudas and mdz on the way. If it's not them hex and hak are just being nice to keep them on the team because there play doesn't warrant it.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Phantoms defense is giving up five goals a game, has two AHL vets in the top 6, and no depth behind them with Alt out long term.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Mac and streit have to go with gudas and mdz on the way. If it's not them hex and hak are just being nice to keep them on the team because there play doesn't warrant it.

I said something to Striiker(number 1 ManDog fan)about Streit along these lines. I think he could be a -45 and they would still get him in the lineup. He's an "A", veteran, good leadership, blah, blah. With the defensive conundrum coming up, I have to think Streit is going to be in the mix in one pairing or another.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The Phantoms defense is giving up five goals a game, has two AHL vets in the top 6, and no depth behind them with Alt out long term.

4 goals a game.

They aren't sitting O'Neill or Brennan so Hagg or Willcox sit out while AMac plays. I don't think there's a lot there with those guys but there is still a chance they could be something. Gordon loves MacDonald so he'd probably be ahead of Sanheim in the offensive pecking order (which he's probably too low to begin with).

Lamarche and Pettersson are pretty good depth options coming from the ECHL believe it or not.

If a spot opens up and someone gets hurt, sure have him play there, but I honestly believe he'd do more harm than good down there.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He can't win faceoffs and it's killing us. I'm willing to try anyone at that spot at this point as peb is just destroying that line.

Of course he is, because he is not good enough to be a 3rd line player. I said it before, he is our present day Talbot. Good on the 4th line, bad on the 3rd.

Get Schenn off the top line. Give Giroux someone who can create. Move TK up there. Then Simmonds and Schenn become the "net" guys for the lines while the other 2 create.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I said something to Striiker(number 1 ManDog fan)about Streit along these lines. I think he could be a -45 and they would still get him in the lineup. He's an "A", veteran, good leadership, blah, blah. With the defensive conundrum coming up, I have to think Streit is going to be in the mix in one pairing or another.
streit would have wrecked provy. Streit should be told he's sitting and to give a list of teams and wait for a trade then trade Shultz and waive Mac today and bring morin up.

Newest sens fan

My uncle owns Nintendo 64
Feb 13, 2014
Connecticut
Of course he is, because he is not good enough to be a 3rd line player. I said it before, he is our present day Talbot. Good on the 4th line, bad on the 3rd.

Get Schenn off the top line. Give Giroux someone who can create. Move TK up there. Then Simmonds and Schenn become the "net" guys for the lines while the other 2 create.

I mean I'm not against this, but Schenn can create. Also, our 2nd line is beast and I dont want to see that chemistry broken up.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
radulov was a really good signing for MTL

He did look good last night but was going up against some AHL defensemen at times.

He will do something detrimental to the team in an important game, especially if they make the playoffs.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Radulov will be a wait and see. For example last night, he was cherry picking the EN, worked out well in the end, but essentially put his team down another guy because he was in the NZ, if the puck doesn't get to him, Flyers are 6-4 possibly.

It's a chance he's going to take because they have price, but if he does this consistently and in all situations, the Canadians could find themselves in tough spots when he's on the ice.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

It's a little too soon to take Schenn off the top line. Let's not forget how well they played last season. Giroux is the "creator" on that line already. Schenn just needs to do a better job winning battles, getting open, getting shots off, etc. Also keep in mind that Giroux faces top D assignments which may make things even more difficult for Konecy.

I'm in favor of keeping our top 6 together for now. We have scored 20 goals through 6 games so offense really isn't the issue.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
“I barely touched him,” Simmonds. “When you got a bunch of guys diving all over the place, what are you going to do? Stand on your feet.”

I didn't see this hit, my stream was choppy. Anybody have a vid/gif?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Mason was awesome. As was Voracek.

MacDonald and Streit were Krajicek and Bartulis bad.

Honestly I thought it was a really solid road game from the Flyers all things considered.

Having Raffl, Weise, Gudas, Del Zotto would have been really nice.

So would having more than 1 powerplay.

Im not at all dissapointed in that effort though.

This is pretty much exactly my reaction to the game as well. I wasn't the least disappointed in the way we played as a group - we had our jump, looked cohesive, and lost to a worldy goaltender putting in a top-class performance and a world-class PP howitzer by a ne'er-do-well reprobate playing out of his skin at the moment.

I don't necessarily like to pile on, but Streit has laid two 14-carat gold-plated turds in a row and AMac has always made me puke. I wouldn't just drive them to the airport, I'd race them there, running every red light.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad