Speculation: Molson Has Met Privately With Patrick Roy Recently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Halperin has said in the past that there was a big cocaine problem with the Habs, that Price faked an injury, that he wanted to be traded to Nashville or Vancouver, that the direction was bribing journalists, that Molson gave an ultimatum to Bergevin to fire Therrien, that there was a gay defenseman within the team, and that Shea Weber wouldn't sign an extension with the Habs (no shit).

He also makes up stuff on various other subjects.

He has 0 credibility, and I'm being generous.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Halperin has said in the past that there was a big cocaine problem with the Habs, that Price faked an injury, that he wanted to be traded to Nashville or Vancouver, that the direction was bribing journalists, that Molson gave an ultimatum to Bergevin to fire Therrien, that there was a gay defenseman within the team, and that Shea Weber wouldn't sign an extension with the Habs (no ****).

Well if he ain't signing an extension, trade him. :sarcasm:

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Halperin has said in the past that there was a big cocaine problem with the Habs, that Price faked an injury, that he wanted to be traded to Nashville or Vancouver, that the direction was bribing journalists, that Molson gave an ultimatum to Bergevin to fire Therrien, that there was a gay defenseman within the team, and that Shea Weber wouldn't sign an extension with the Habs (no ****).

It's not all that farfetched to think that it could be possible

BigGreen

Mar 23, 2018
Montreal
The inmates obviously run this asylum, so I'm not even surprised.

At least with Roy around, it'll be entertainingly bad, which is an improvement over what they have now.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That's about the only place where I wouldn't mind Roy.

Doubt a guy with his ego accepts anything less than a head coaching or GM job though.
Comes from winning , winning and more winning. Atleast you can see where the ego came from.

Unlike some (players/GMs/coaches) with massive ego and have won zilch. :laugh:

Humble is always best though, win or lose.
ie Robinson, Gainey, Mario, Beliveau, Orr, Gretz, Sakik, Stevie Y. CuJo, Messier.

Last edited:

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Time for Montreal to pay for its mistakes. It's time we welcome Roy back in this organization and just let him do his work. President would be the best and let him turn this organization around. Clowns like Bergevin and his boys club are bringing this team to the ground and its been years we've wanted a change of philosophy. I always thought, that players look up to a former legend. When Bob Gainey walked into the room, players would feel the respect and the aura. They dont with Bargabain. Roy has been a winner everywhere he went in terms of hockey. He knows hockey operations. He knows the pressure of this city.

He's the perfect candidate. For any role that would put Bergevin out of this organization.
Yes lets make Patrick Roy our new President. Considering he has ZERO experience I think that is a great Habs hire. Heck while we're at it, lets also hire David Desharnais as our next head coach. And Alzner sucks on D, so lets bring him in as our new GM to replace Bergevin.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Yes lets make Patrick Roy our new President. Considering he has ZERO experience I think that is a great Habs hire. Heck while we're at it, lets also hire David Desharnais as our next head coach. And Alzner sucks on D, so lets bring him in as our new GM to replace Bergevin.

This. Who needs educated people with experience and a history of success in those positions?

Let's just hire the familiar names, the names we cheered for as players, and hope and pray they'll be better running this team than the other uneducated, inexperienced people who have brought this franchise to the trash heap.

Name recognition is the poorest and most deluded criterion there is for the hiring of a person.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
So are you guys just going to keep inventing scenarios in order to maintain your ability to complain about management? He hasn't hired Roy and there isn't even any proof this is a real story lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Comes from winning , winning and more winning. Atleast you can see where the ego came from.

Unlike some (players/GMs/coaches) with massive ego and have won zilch. :laugh:

Humble is always best though, win or lose.
ie Robinson, Gainey, Mario, Beliveau, Orr, Gretz, Sakik, Stevie Y. CuJo, Messier.

Not the red-faced one on RDS. The one in Pittsburgh I hope. :laugh:

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Terrible idea. Just hire someone good. Don't hire someone as a " nuclear option " to then get rid of them. Why not just bypass that and hire someone you can trust completely? Who thinks that way?
LOL...
We have Bergevin's deluded thinking with the whole "retool" option which is a band aid that fixes nothing.
We have common sense where we need a true rebuild to have a chance to be competitive in a few years and for the future. YES I KNOW ... It hasn't worked for Edmonton. Everyone's favourite excuse for why we should remain in limbo and forever mediocre.
We have the new fan option of going NUCLEAR and extra explosive.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
LOL...
We have Bergevin's deluded thinking with the whole "retool" option which is a band aid that fixes nothing.
We have common sense where we need a true rebuild to have a chance to be competitive in a few years and for the future. YES I KNOW ... It hasn't worked for Edmonton. Everyone's favourite excuse for why we should remain in limbo and forever mediocre.
We have the new fan option of going NUCLEAR and extra explosive.

There's nothing wrong with blowing ir up. Just don't hire a blowhard like Roy to do it.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Terrible idea. Just hire someone good. Don't hire someone as a " nuclear option " to then get rid of them. Why not just bypass that and hire someone you can trust completely? Who thinks that way?

Anyone who has zero confidence in Geoff Molson hiring someone good.

He needs to see the team destroyed before he's going to realize how his thinking of making himself president and relying on a clown to set up a 90s hockey player retirement home within the Habs ruined any potential of the team winning a Cup.

Bring in Roy, let him burn the club to the ground, Molson will realize he has to get the best in the business and not just former hockey players from Quebec.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
When it comes to these things, I don't trust me feelings anymore. I actually thought Bergevin would be GOOD, and he turned out to be one of the worst GMs of the modern NHL. I was so off about him it's crazy.

But I have a terrible feeling about Roy coming into management. I just don't see how it will end well.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Geoff: Hey Patty, our brilliant GM is looking at trading Carey Price for a package of Louis Ericksson, Erik Gudbranson & a 5th rounder, he asked me to see if you'd come out of retirement to be our starter next year

Id do that trade

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Anyone who has zero confidence in Geoff Molson hiring someone good.

He needs to see the team destroyed before he's going to realize how his thinking of making himself president and relying on a clown to set up a 90s hockey player retirement home within the Habs ruined any potential of the team winning a Cup.

Bring in Roy, let him burn the club to the ground, Molson will realize he has to get the best in the business and not just former hockey players from Quebec.

The team already is destroyed. It doesn't need to be driven more into the ground (what a laughable strategy, really) by some hot-headed meathead. This is just anger talking. Fire Bergevin and look for the best candidate. Back in 2012 it was Bergevin and it turned out horribly. Molson's issue isn't hiring Bergevin. It's not firing him when the time has come.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Ian Halperin was a moron and, in all likelihood, is still a moron.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I miss Pierre Boivin. That guy knew how to create a great hockey experience, from marketing to arena ambiance.
He helped transform the brand from "meh" to awesome in a short period of time, especially under Gillett. The show was awesome back then, even when the team wasn't doing great.

The problem with Boivin is he did not know *** about hockey and the product on the ice was awful. It's not because a guy is good at selling turd to gullible people that he is doing a good job.

Sand94

Oct 5, 2017
Except the experience he has as former OWNER, GENERAL MANAGER, and HEAD COACH of a MEMORIAL CUP WINNING team: The Quebec Ramparts.

I swear some of you people here are so out of touch with the hockey world, all you do is visits these forums and repeat the same bullshit the last guy said. Most of you are actually worse than the Bergevin team in the sense that you’re extremely reactionary and flip flop from one side of the fence to the other based on popular opinion and flavor of the week.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Except the experience he has as former OWNER, GENERAL MANAGER, and HEAD COACH of a MEMORIAL CUP WINNING team: The Quebec Ramparts.

I swear some of you people here are so out of touch with the hockey world, all you do is visits these forums and repeat the same bull**** the last guy said. Most of you are actually worse than the Bergevin team in the sense that you’re extremely reactionary and flip flop from one side of the fence to the other based on popular opinion and flavor of the week.

being a decent manager at a McDonalds doesn't mean you'll make a great manager at a michelin star restaurant

his experience in the NHL as a GM was disastreous.

Reactions: Peanut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad