Speculation: Molson Has Met Privately With Patrick Roy Recently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yea but we had a Brontosurous leading the charge. This one is a T-Rex.

Just to watch Roy kicking MB's ass would be worth it.
I would also enjoy that, a giant..
giphy.gif

neopreneur

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2004
Aylmer, Qc
I miss Pierre Boivin. That guy knew how to create a great hockey experience, from marketing to arena ambiance.
He helped transform the brand from "meh" to awesome in a short period of time, especially under Gillett. The show was awesome back then, even when the team wasn't doing great.

Hiring Patrick Roy is some capacity might help sell tickets though in my opinion, the guy is definitely passionate about winning so that will resonate with the fans. I hope he doesn't become coach or GM... that's putting him in a position to fail and he'll get run out of town again.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
I miss Pierre Boivin. That guy knew how to create a great hockey experience, from marketing to arena ambiance.
He helped transform the brand from "meh" to awesome in a short period of time, especially under Gillett. The show was awesome back then, even when the team wasn't doing great.

Really? Boivin jacked up ticket prices, put ads all over the ice, your ears are molested by screeching Bell promotions every whistle. He was good at leveraging the popularity surge the Canadiens had with fun underdog teams in the mid 2000s (after brutal mid+late 90s period) and turning it into money. Now the sugar high is over and people realize the arena is overpriced crap.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As a president i would not mind. Don't think MB would be here for long with Roy as a president.

As much as I don't think Roy has the temperament to hold the top job, if adding Roy meant a quick Bergevin exit, I'd be all for it.

It would also mean a quicker clean up and sanitation of all that nepotistic deadwood that's been accumulating in the org. over the last 6 years.

#KanKonNanPeutPlus #DewowwBozo #Bo-ByeTi-Counes

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm taking this info with a big grain of salt because I don't know who this Halperin guy is. However, no matter how private some things are or behind the scenes they are, most times they make their way to the public.

If you look up Halperin, this isn't the first time he comes out with stuff like this. As I recall, he did the same thing when The Goat was on the ropes at the end of the 2011-12 season. Halperin always makes cameos with inflammatory info about sightings that only he and unnamed "sources" are aware of. As far as I remember, he gravitates around the entertainment business and knows a few personalities who know other personalities. He somehow always appears in times of crisis.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
I dont think Roy could be a president type person with no real power . Could it be Ass GM with GM of Laval lol

Its a interesting situation lol Which is the lesser of two evils Roy coming in to oversee as president or MB for another year or more lol

Although and what I think .. This is probably not true lol

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I'd take anything that comes from the radio poubelles of QC city with a grain of salt.

These guys are everything that's wrong in the media.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Time for Montreal to pay for its mistakes. It's time we welcome Roy back in this organization and just let him do his work. President would be the best and let him turn this organization around. Clowns like Bergevin and his boys club are bringing this team to the ground and its been years we've wanted a change of philosophy. I always thought, that players look up to a former legend. When Bob Gainey walked into the room, players would feel the respect and the aura. They dont with Bargabain. Roy has been a winner everywhere he went in terms of hockey. He knows hockey operations. He knows the pressure of this city.

He's the perfect candidate. For any role that would put Bergevin out of this organization.

Reactions: BPD Habs Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad