Confirmed with Link: Mojo 3 year deal, 4.583 AAV

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Maybe, maybe not. Based on what I thought were his comparables I had him at $4.5-4.75M.

I dont think its a bad contract. I just think there is a large segment of our group here that are over him. Would like to see him traded. If not, let him walk after one more year.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
So let's see if I got this right:

- PP zone entries valued at 2 million dollars
- drop passes valued at 2 million dollars
- strength and play along the boards, in the corners and below the goal line valued at 500 K or thereabouts

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I dont think its a bad contract. I just think there is a large segment of our group here that are over him. Would like to see him traded. If not, let him walk after one more year.

What if it's part of the plan where he plays one year and is traded instead of losing him for nothing?

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Not happy about this. Probably means TJ is gone. I will take him any day over a soft Mojo.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I hope Vrana is ready to step up next season so we can trade Mojo next offseason. It's not a bad deal or anything I just don't want him getting in the way of keeping Oshie.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
How does it mean Tj oshie is gone?

You tell me. Because if the guy has another great year again and he will be a tough sign. Like i said if it came down to Mojo and Oshie, it should or i guess should have been Oshie.For those of you who are saying Mojo can play the PP congrats. Oshie can play the PP, PK, and dish out hard hits. Hopefully Alzner takes a discount. I doubt it though. You know Kuzy is not.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
You tell me. Because if the guy has another great year again and he will be a tough sign. Like i said if it came down to Mojo and Oshie, it should or i guess should have been Oshie.For those of you who are saying Mojo can play the PP congrats. Oshie can play the PP, PK, and dish out hard hits. Hopefully Alzner takes a discount. I doubt it though. You know Kuzy is not.

First of all, deep breath :) second, it's quite simple to resign him. Justin Williams will probably be gone, take Williams contract and add it to kuzy and that's solved. Next take winnik contract and add that to alzner. Lastly, one of the caps contracts will be taken by Las Vegas, take that cap space and add on to oshie and give burakovsky a bridge deal

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
If we could pay Vegas to take on Orpik then we would be pretty set. Although there would be a lot of top 4 defensemen for Vegas to grab, it could cost a pretty penny.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
What is it a .75m raise that buys out 2 UFA years? And that's supposed to stop us from resigning Oshie? Its not a bad deal at all, it's short enough and definitely movable if need be. He also can fill in at Center in a pinch.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They haven't finalized the rules yet, right?
Expansion draft rules were approved by the Board of Governors. It's possible they're not final but I wouldn't expect many changes. GMs are now prepared and know what they have to work with.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
It's not just 4.6 for a third liner.... Don't look at it that way.

It's 4.6 for a guy who can basically play any position and do pretty good at on ANY top 9 line.

Injuries happen - and Mojo is basically a perfect type of player you want filling that hole. If Backstrom or Kuzy get hurt - then Mojo is a much better top 6 option than Eller or Beagle. If Williams or Oshie get hurt - johansson is a much better option than Wilson or Connolly in the top 6. If Ovi or Burro get hurt - l
Johansson is a much better option than Winnik. If NO ONE is hurt - you have maybe one of the best passers in the NHL on the third line.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
my question on the expansion draft and the no trade clause issue for Johansson is does the expansion draft take place before the NTC goes into effect? If its before the am-draft, that the NTC would not be effective yet or at least thats my question

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Wonder if they use Mojo for a year and then leave him unprotected

That's as close to making everyone as happy as you can get.

A - He stays on the team for one more run.

B - He leaves and frees up a lot of cap space.

C - If he gets picked the team would keep a guy they would have lost.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I expect him to play 2LW not less than 3LW :P

Why wouldn't Trotz put Bura on the 3rd line? That makes sense.

That might end up happening - but at start of year I put Burro on 2nd line just to see hwo he does. Prefferably with Backstrom. Backstrom let Burro live with him - I think It's time that he also helps progress him.

I like Kuzy - but Kuzy is a better fit for Ovi than Burro. I think Kuzy should be 1C with Ovi/Oshie and Backstrom as 2c with Williams/Burro.

That being said - lines will switch up 40 times this year so arguing in July about who is where is kind of pointless.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
my question on the expansion draft and the no trade clause issue for Johansson is does the expansion draft take place before the NTC goes into effect? If its before the am-draft, that the NTC would not be effective yet or at least thats my question
It does. But it doesn't matter either way. A NTC can't block being left unprotected because it's not a trade. That's what No Moves are for. If that weren't the case there would be a long list of players with partial NTCs that would be up in the air whether their teams must protect them or not.

That also means they could trade him at the draft or something before that NTC kicks in.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches are looking at it as:

Definite top-6:
  • Backstrom
  • Ovi
  • Oshie
  • Kuzy

Two of three in top six:
  • Williams
  • Mojo
  • Bura

Mojo stayed on the third line because he was the preferred 3C for most of the season, and when they decided to move him to wing they wanted to keep the successful top-6 lines. If they don't return to Bura-Kuzy-Williams, there's nothing to say Bura and Williams will both be top-6 over Mojo.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I expect him to play 2LW not less than 3LW :P

Why wouldn't Trotz put Bura on the 3rd line? That makes sense.

There are a lot of moving parts so I wouldn't commit to anything yet, but I want to see Burakovsky on the right wing in the top 6 at some point, possibly even on the top line with Ovechkin. He's a shooter, not a playmaker, so there's really no reason he can't play on the off side like Ovechkin (in fact he spent a lot of time at RW in 2014-15 alongside Backstrom and Ovechkin with much success). And having one of Oshie or Williams as the 3RW certainly would help spread the wealth through the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad