Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I feel like Jay is the most likely.

Just not Ariel or Sarah pls

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
One of Dumphy kids is the most logical choice. I guess even though he's still alive in real life they could kill off Ed O'Neill's character if he wants out.

Cant believe this thing is still on.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
One of Dumphy kids is the most logical choice. I guess even though he's still alive in real life they could kill off Ed O'Neill's character if he wants out.

Cant believe this thing is still on.
If Ed O'Neill's character is killed off I wonder if that means they are closer to having a Married with Children reboot? I read somewhere online asking if that happened how he could do both shows at once?

Last edited:
Reactions: Baby Punisher

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Please not Jay. He's my second favorite after Cam. Hopefully it's Gloria. Sort of a twist, where you expect the older one in the relationship to die instead it's the younger one.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It can't be a really major character.

As for hints of who it might be, Lloyd said it's a "significant character on the series ... [the death] will be a moving event and an event that has repercussions across several episodes.

"Several episodes"? If Jay were to die I think it would have more repercussions.

It'll be her old boyfriend Dylan or something.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Dumb. Remember when Family Guy killed off Brian? That worked out well. (Although I thought Vinny was awesome.)

Screams a jump the shark moment.

Unless it's a swerve and like Stella the dog, DeeDee, Hayley's bf, Pepper or someone recurring like that.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
If Ed O'Neill's character is killed off I wonder if that means they are closer to having a Married with Children reboot? I read somewhere online asking if that happened how he could do both shows at once?

Great show but please don't reboot it! I'm not sure how in today's PC soxiety this show would flow. In fact there really hasnt been a show since like it.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Dumb. Remember when Family Guy killed off Brian? That worked out well. (Although I thought Vinny was awesome.)

Screams a jump the shark moment.

Unless it's a swerve and like Stella the dog, DeeDee, Hayley's bf, Pepper or someone recurring like that.

I think the jump the shark moment after 10 easons has happened in comedy.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I can't believe it has such high ratings. I quit part way through season 4, they really recycle the same bull**** every episode even back then.

Really goes to show how tied people are to **** TV if it's familiar for them.

Well I guess look at how long these reality shows go. Nothing changes, just the people on. I guess I always wondered how far this could go and what was the point ultimately. Almost all the kids but like Lilly have to be grown up and about done with high school by now so the family dynamic should be very changed to the point they are family but not necessarily deeply invested in the others lives as they are all living their own.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I assume it is going to be Stella the dog.

She's a french bulldog, who tend to have lifespans of 10-12 years. We are now in Season 10. While Stella didn't appear until the 2nd season, she was roughly a year or so old when Jay took her from the trainer, so that means she is roughly 10-11 years old.

She's a member of the Pritchett family, which means she would be considered a main character, and the effect would be felt over several episodes, as Jay, Gloria, Manny and the rest of the cast grieve with the loss in their own ways and own timelines.

If it was actually Jay, or one of the other main characters, it would be felt over the remainder of the series, not just a few episodes.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I think it's the dog too.

This isn't like the comedies of the past where they would do a "on a very special episode of..." and deal with something serious.

Reactions: Liquid Gel

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I think it's the dog too.

This isn't like the comedies of the past where they would do a "on a very special episode of..." and deal with something serious.
I know the story line was different but remember in season 6 when they did that "Connection Lost" episode that was shot on iPhones and iPads. You can say that was a special episode.

Feb 24, 2017
I know the story line was different but remember in season 6 when they did that "Connection Lost" episode that was shot on iPhones and iPads. You can say that was a special episode.
That’s the highest rated episode the show has ever had, by IMDb score.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Isn't it about time for a wrap up though?

Back in January it was said by one of the co-creators that Season 10 would be the final season, however it appears ABC is looking to renew it for an 11th season, so the future is a bit up in the air.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Back in January it was said by one of the co-creators that Season 10 would be the final season, however it appears ABC is looking to renew it for an 11th season, so the future is a bit up in the air.

ABC has very little going for them. That might be part of the decision. I mean why is GREYS ANATOMY still going after 14 seasons?

Everyone I know that watched Modern Family has given up years ago. It's a good time filler if nothing else is on but I never got the popularity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad