Modano worries over union's future

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Suprise...TSN ans Sportnet twist words around again to try to get there point across. Havn't seen that before.

Where there is smoke there is fire. Modano never really did deny anything that he was quoted as saying. Several cracks are starting to appear in the NHLPA members resolve. Many others will be heard from in the coming days. :banghead: :madfire: :shakehead

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Mike Modano should not only be president of the NHLPA, he has my vote for pet owner of the year!! I say to heck with players who worry about things like cars and boats. I'm with Mike, he's thinking of how nice it would be to be able to pamper Anastasia-Priscilla in the manner to which she accustomed. If Mike can get others to see the light she'll be wagging her tail over her new ribbons and bows in no time!!!

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
While none of us can speak for Modano, I think his decision to retract went something like this....

1:30 mt:

Modano finishes exercising in his massive home gym, and heads to his walk-in freezer of Gatorade. Catches life-size cutout of himself in corner of his eye, decides to admire it.

2:00 mt:

Modano's attention is averted by the screech of alarms from Anastasia Priscilla's floor. Upon arriving, he drops to his knees and cries at the sight of her empty, battered cage. He picks up a note made from letters cut from a newspaper:

"Meet on roof of Bank of America Plaza in half-hour"

2:10 mt:

Mike drives as fast as possible from his home in Garland to the Bank of America Plaza in Dallas, arriving 20 minutes early. He rushes into the elevator, selecting the 72nd floor. At the end of a hallway, a door swings open and closed in the wind, the bright Dallas sun shining through.

Blinded by the light as he steps onto the building's roof, Mike's eyes are slow to adjust.

"Why hello Mike. I'm glad you could join us."

"Bob, you sick *******!" cries Modano "Where is my precious baby?"

A bark from the corner of the roof gets his attention. Dangling over the ledge in Trevor Linden's arms is Anastasia Priscilla.

"Now Mike, this can all be over very shortly. Just retract your statement, and everything will be okay."

Goodenow hands Modano a cellphone, and motions Linden away from the roof's ledge. He looks down at his watch and quips to Linden "Our shortest retraction time yet!"

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Mr Bugg said:
While none of us can speak for Modano, I think his decision to retract went something like this....

1:30 mt:

Modano finishes exercising in his massive home gym, and heads to his walk-in freezer of Gatorade. Catches life-size cutout of himself in corner of his eye, decides to admire it.

2:00 mt:

Modano's attention is averted by the screech of alarms from Anastasia Priscilla's floor. Upon arriving, he drops to his knees and cries at the sight of her empty, battered cage. He picks up a note made from letters cut from a newspaper:

"Meet on roof of Bank of America Plaza in half-hour"

2:10 mt:

Mike drives as fast as possible from his home in Garland to the Bank of America Plaza in Dallas, arriving 20 minutes early. He rushes into the elevator, selecting the 72nd floor. At the end of a hallway, a door swings open and closed in the wind, the bright Dallas sun shining through.

Blinded by the light as he steps onto the building's roof, Mike's eyes are slow to adjust.

"Why hello Mike. I'm glad you could join us."

"Bob, you sick *******!" cries Modano "Where is my precious baby?"

A bark from the corner of the roof gets his attention. Dangling over the ledge in Trevor Linden's arms is Anastasia Priscilla.

"Now Mike, this can all be over very shortly. Just retract your statement, and everything will be okay."

Goodenow hands Modano a cellphone, and motions Linden away from the roof's ledge. He looks down at his watch and quips to Linden "Our shortest retraction time yet!"

:lol:

Normally I hate it when people try to be funny and do things like this.

This is pretty good, though.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
PepNCheese said:
This is pretty good, though.

Made me chuckle.

Egil said:
The last CBA still wasn't agreed upon by this date, and they played 48 games. You really only need 1 week of training camps and recall.

Last time, they unlocked everything with just a verbal agreement. Not going to happen this time, the owners found that many of the things that had been agreed to were no longer agreed to by the time the actual paperwork was being drawn up. They actually had to make concessions just to get the deal signed.

They've sworn that this time, all the paperwork will be done before camps open.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
More Modano

Stars center Mike Modano said he believes the NHL Players Association should have an open invitation meeting to discuss how players feel about the potential of a lost season as well as recent comments from people such as Wayne Gretzky that next season could be in jeopardy.

"At the very least, we should be talking about it and how we're going to handle it," Modano said. "I think we need to organize a meeting pretty soon so we can sit down and talk and get everything out."

Modano said he did not predict the union would crumble or that players would cross a picket line if replacement players are to be used, but he said he does believe that those thoughts are going to be bouncing around players' minds.

"I think there are definitely people asking, 'What's next?'" Modano said. "Nobody knows where this is going, and I think a lot of players are starting to wonder what happens if this is a two-year deal."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/hockey/stars/stories/011305dnspomodano.a18648d0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig