Confirmed with Link: [MOD WARNING post #272] CBJ acquire Provorov for LA first round pick (#22), conditional ‘24 or ‘25 2nd round pick

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
His actual salary is $8.5m this coming year and $8.6m the next, so even with 30% retention the Jackets are paying around $6m a year for someone who definitely hasn't been top pair caliber in the last couple years.

It looks like we got what we paid for. But if Provorov bounces back and has a better attitude then we come out handsomely.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I thought we wanted to fix locker room issues, not acquire more.
What is this based on ? Is this just regarding the Pride story ? I don’t think many players will confront him about that issues as most masculine athletes are not exactly LGBT advocates themselves

I thought we wanted to fix locker room issues, not acquire more.
What is this based on ? Is this just regarding the Pride story ? I don’t think many players will confront him about that issues as most masculine athletes are not exactly LGBT advocates themselves

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If it weren't for his off-ice bullshit, I'd be pretty content with this move.

As it is, my feelings are decidedly mixed. Like, "am I going to ever be able to attend a game again without being harassed by folks celebrating this New Old Direction" mixed.

Reactions: MissADD

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Amazing pickup and a steal price-wise with the 30% retention. Great job by Jarmo. He is killing it this off-season so far. Finally building a team that can compete.

Provorov is an iron man. Plays a ton of minutes, hasn't been hurt and doesn't take a lot of penalties. Anyone that can take minutes away from Gudbranson and Peeke is a huge plus.

A+ trade.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Ignoring the off ice stuff for a second, I thought 22 was a LITTLE bit steep for Provorov but I could swallow it.

22 AND 34/future second? Yeah, I don’t like that.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
If it weren't for his off-ice bullshit, I'd be pretty content with this move.

As it is, my feelings are decidedly mixed. Like, "am I going to ever be able to attend a game again without being harassed by folks celebrating this New Old Direction" mixed.
I know what you mean. W/O going into to much detail I just stopped caring. I just watch my hockey and call it a day.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Cool its not this years 2nd, makes it much easier. Not a bad deal, atleast he'll have a defenseman above him in the lineup which should help. Significantly better defense than we saw last year but a weird mix again. Something like thid as it stands today?

Werenski-Boqvist
Provorov-Peeke
Bean-Gudbranson

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJx614

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Great! Provorov has excellent the first pass, skating, carry the puck. He is iron man. Under a good coach (in our case Babcock) he can show his qualities. So, our defense:

Werenski, Boqvist
Provorov, Gudbranson
xxx, xxx

I think Jiříček won't play in the first an the second pairs

And now, what with Bean?

P.S. yes, there are
Provorov, Peeke
Bean, Gudbranson

But I'm not sure if Bean and Peeke will be in the roster.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Folks are confusing locker room issues with player perception issues. None of the perception issues will matter when we're winning games again.

What are you talking about?

March 11, 2022:

"Recently, reports from agents, management, teammates and scouts have labeled Flyers defenceman Ivan Provorov as a locker room cancer."

"Furthermore, in his recent press conference, he threw his teammates under the bus, and did not take accountability. His teammates and management are obviously upset with this. It has also come to light that he and his girlfriend are really into social media and are obsessed with checking for negative comments directed towards Provorov."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad