GDT: (mod post #18) Game 18: Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators 2/23/21 7:00pm EST RDS, TSN2, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

hallelujah - once we started subbing in Mete after his agent cried to the press is when we started going downhill. I don't hate Mete but there was no reason to break up Kulak and Romanov (who's game has also gone south since play/ing with Mete)

Reactions: Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
hallelujah - once we started subbing in Mete after his agent cried to the press is when we started going downhill. I don't hate Mete but there was no reason to break up Kulak and Romanov (who's game has also gone south since play/ing with Mete)

I haven't noticed Mete being a good partner for Romanov whereas Kulak seemed to be working fine with him. Mete is OK as a 7th D, if needed but shouldn't be pressed into action other than by a need presenting itself.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Scratching Lekhonen... like honestly, what is the coaches expectation? That he should be scoring in bunches and he isn't? One of the hardest working players on the team if not THE hardest working. Julien is such a moron.

I agree. I don't get why Lehkonen is the one scratched because he has been one of the more consistent players on the team. The guy's motor never stops.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
View attachment 399517 View attachment 399518 View attachment 399519 View attachment 399520 View attachment 399522

Montreal Canadiens (17-9-5-3)
v
Ottawa Senators (20-5-14-1)

So far this season... The historically bad Ottawa Senators have defeated the "best" Montreal Canadiens team in 30 years, two games to one.

Will Danault finally score his 1st goal of the season? Will Stutzle retaliate for what Danault did to him?
Will Stive Morgan bet all his vCash on Ottawa again tonight, and HabsWhiteKnightLOL bet actual money on the game again tonight?
Is this Claude Julien's last game?

Find out tonight!

GO :habs GO!

I am invading this GDT to announce that I have never laughed so hard at a GDT.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
View attachment 399517 View attachment 399518 View attachment 399519 View attachment 399520 View attachment 399522

Montreal Canadiens (17-9-5-3)
v
Ottawa Senators (20-5-14-1)

So far this season... The historically bad Ottawa Senators have defeated the "best" Montreal Canadiens team in 30 years, two games to one.

Will Danault finally score his 1st goal of the season? Will Stutzle retaliate for what Danault did to him?
Will Stive Morgan bet all his vCash on Ottawa again tonight, and HabsWhiteKnightLOL bet actual money on the game again tonight?
Is this Claude Julien's last game?

Find out tonight!

GO :habs GO!

Sorry about that. This will be my last GDT.

If mods want to remove it and put a new one, feel free to do so.

/out

You have nothing to be sorry about. You put in a ton of work and those of us who have done artwork or memes for GDTs can attest to the effort that goes into them.

Thank-you for having taken the time to put together something as imaginative. Whenever one does creative-type work, liberties are often taken to produce humor and from my experience, it's never with ill intent. You'll never please everyone anyway so don't sweat it. Look at the bright side -- lots of us are appreciating your work. ;)

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Julien's response of needing to "simplify" the game absolutely sucks. My interpretation is: no creativity, take no chances just dump & chase and get back on D. I mean,Wow!

No wonder he doesn't like KK.

This team needs to do the opposite of that.

They need to show some spirit and creativity on offense.

The Danault situation is so f***ed up too. To say I'm disappointed in him ... oh man, it's actually painful. :help:

Dude, you come out of the Hub complaining about being put onto a defensive line only, and say you can offer more. You turn down a pretty good contract saying you're worth more.

I came into this season thinking Danault was going to be ultra-prepared & ready for his BEST season. Instead, he's having his worse season ever. I don't blame people for being pissed at him. I'm pissed at him. You talk, the talk, you better f***ing walk it too.

It's turned into the Pacioretty situation and this team will go down because of it.

I don't know how sitting Lehkonen helps anything. He's a great forechecker, solid pker and works his ass off.

Put Tatar -- Danault -- Gallagher back together.

Give Tofu back to KK & Armia.

Mete should play with Weber.

Chiarot with Romanov on bottom pairing.

I think Price gets the win.

2-1.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here they are for the first time in a GDT together -- your good luck charms for tonight's game.

Q137zSU.jpg

Sandviper cat, Lawyer cat and Thicc Nick's cat.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Julien's response of needing to "simplify" the game absolutely sucks. My interpretation is: no creativity, take no chances just dump & chase and get back on D. I mean,Wow!

No wonder he doesn't like KK.

This team needs to do the opposite of that.

They need to show some spirit and creativity on offense.

The Danault situation is so f***ed up too. To say I'm disappointed in him ... oh man, it's actually painful. :help:

Dude, you come out of the Hub complaining about being put onto a defensive line only, and say you can offer more. You turn down a pretty good contract saying you're worth more.

I came into this season thinking Danault was going to be ultra-prepared & ready for his BEST season. Instead, he's having his worse season ever. I don't blame people for being pissed at him. I'm pissed at him. You talk, the talk, you better f***ing walk it too.

It's turned into the Pacioretty situation and this team will go down because of it.

I don't know how sitting Lehkonen helps anything. He's a great forechecker, solid pker and works his ass off.

Put Tatar -- Danault -- Gallagher back together.

Give Tofu back to KK & Armia.

Mete should play with Weber.

Chiarot with Romanov on bottom pairing.

I think Price gets the win.

2-1.
Moving Chiarot to another pairing only hurts that pairing. He really needs to sit. 11 minors means he has to cheat to keep up

Apeironic

Jan 10, 2019
The question I ask myself during a slump, is, are the moves the coach making an attempt to fix the systemic problems that are plaguing the team?

and the answer here, again, is no.

Lehkonen being scratched for Perry isn't a solution, it's shuffling.
Moving out Mete who can skate on the back-end for Kulak who can skate, doesn't do anything but change the person.. not the problem.

These moves are just moves, they won't provide a spark, they won't make a difference.

Great point, but I'd just add that it isn't merely shuffling-- Lekhonen is a f***ing engine for this team. His lack of production aside-- benching him is an asinine move from a coach that is scratching his plexiglass dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad