GDT: (mod post #18) Game 18: Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators 2/23/21 7:00pm EST RDS, TSN2, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
GDT 01.jpg
GDT 02.jpg
GDT 03.jpg
GDT 06.jpg
GDT ottawa - lineups.jpg

Montreal Canadiens (17-9-5-3)
v
Ottawa Senators (20-5-14-1)

So far this season... The historically bad Ottawa Senators have defeated the "best" Montreal Canadiens team in 30 years, two games to one.

Will Danault finally score his 1st goal of the season? Will Stutzle retaliate for what Danault did to him?
Will Stive Morgan bet all his vCash on Ottawa again tonight, and HabsWhiteKnightLOL bet actual money on the game again tonight?
Is this Claude Julien's last game?

Find out tonight!

GO :habs GO!

Attachments

• GDT ottawa - lineups.jpg
    GDT ottawa - lineups.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 3

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
View attachment 399517 View attachment 399518 View attachment 399519 View attachment 399520 View attachment 399522

v

So far this season... The historically bad Ottawa Senators have defeated the "best" Montreal Canadiens team in 30 years, two games to one.

Will Danault finally score his 1st goal of the season? Will Stutzle retaliate for what Danault did to him?
Will Stive Morgan bet all his vCash on Ottawa again tonight, and HabsWhiteKnightLOL bet actual money on the game again tonight?

Find out tonight!

Awesome job my man! If the Habs put in half the effort as you did for the GDT, we should win easy.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
If it means getting rid of Claude i hope they lose.Or maybe we need a 9 game losing streak instead of a couple of 8 game stretches

You say that, but now watch... all the teams below us find will have losing streaks of their own and even after losing 9, we still are sitting in a playoff spot.

Yeah, I get my logic doesn’t hold given we’re only 7 teams, but where there’s a will, Habs will find a way.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
You say that, but now watch... all the teams below us find will have losing streaks of their own and even after losing 9, we still are sitting in a playoff spot.

Yeah, I get my logic doesn’t hold given we’re only 7 teams, but where there’s a will, Habs will find a way.
I agree... Someone already mentioned the T word in the other thread. Habs immediate mission - play to get Clod fired. Enough of him already.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Let's see if CJ has finally figure out a way to counter the Sens clogging up the neutral zone.

When you don't prioritize mobility/creativity from your Dmen, you have to have contingencies when this happens.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Let's see if CJ has finally figure out a way to counter the Sens clogging up the neutral zone.

When you don't prioritize mobility/creativity from your Dmen, you have to have contingencies when this happens.

Step one... play Byron on the wrong wing instead of Lehkonen ... so not looking good haha

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Lehkonen scratched again... I feel bad for the guy. He's far from being the problem out there imo. I personally like what he brings and I know he's a frustrating player to watch for some people, so I'm guessing most people don't care too much. This team struggles to score goals, so I guess it makes sense to keep Perry in, but this seems desperate. Also, aside from that pass to Gallagher early on, on the powerplay, has he really had much of an impact 5 on 4?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
View attachment 399517 View attachment 399518 View attachment 399519 View attachment 399520 View attachment 399522

v

Find out tonight!

Lol... This is EPIC!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If there is a single player who doesn't deserve to be scratched it's probably Lehkonen. He isn't the best player in the lineup but he'll show up and try harder than anyone on any given night including Gallagher who has his off nights

The question I ask myself during a slump, is, are the moves the coach making an attempt to fix the systemic problems that are plaguing the team?

and the answer here, again, is no.

Lehkonen being scratched for Perry isn't a solution, it's shuffling.
Moving out Mete who can skate on the back-end for Kulak who can skate, doesn't do anything but change the person.. not the problem.

These moves are just moves, they won't provide a spark, they won't make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad