Mock FA Part2[No more posts in this thread]

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Yes he was... I'm a bit surprised he fell that far (I think he is an early 3rd sort of player). I know he had some issues this past season (some work ethic, some attitude, some injuries), but after 13-14 some people were mentioning the kid as a top 15 pick (hell in 2013 I heard top 10 thrown around). He is supremely skilled if he can actually put it all together and stay away from concussions. I also really liked what I saw at U18. Risky pick, but very boom or bust.

i had pretty fierce argument with a fellow finn at the start of 13-14 season when he claimed that saarela will challenge mcdavid for the 1st overall pick.

also that roster post is perfect, all the info is there.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
i had pretty fierce argument with a fellow finn at the start of 13-14 season when he claimed that saarela will challenge mcdavid for the 1st overall pick.

A lot of patriotic pride there?

I don't think that anybody can legitimately say his last 1.5-2 seasons haven't been a disappointment, but saying Saarela over McEichel was crazy talk even then.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
A lot of patriotic pride there?

I don't think that anybody can legitimately say his last 1.5-2 seasons haven't been a disappointment, but saying Saarela over McEichel was crazy talk even then.

There always is. I'm sure some people will be "mad" when Puljujärvi isn't taken first.

BTW, does anyone have any word on the American forwards I picked? I went off Central Scouting and this guy Cotton had a great report on EP.

Although EP's reports are ultra-positive in general.

Last edited:

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Boy, I thought I really followed prospects well this year but you guys are pulling names out of nowhere.

I have got every player I wanted at each pick from the beginning except Keegan Kolesar. I am very pleased with my picks. Stenlund and Vladar are two that I am surprised I got to pick.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
There always is. I'm sure some people will be "mad" when Puljujärvi isn't taken first.

BTW, does anyone have any word on the American forwards I picked? I went off Central Scouting and this guy Cotton had a great report on EP.

Although EP's reports are ultra-positive in general.

So expect riots when he doesn't go top 5? :naughty:

Burke, Cotton, or Marody?

Because you wouldn't trade me Campbell..... yet ;)

stay out of that race!

I welcome all (good) offers for him!

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I have got every player I wanted at each pick from the beginning except Keegan Kolesar. I am very pleased with my picks. Stenlund and Vladar are two that I am surprised I got to pick.

There's a few I missed out on. Would have taken others in the first. Thought there'd be more D to choose from in the second. IC took Nic Roy right before me. But I'm happy with my picks too. If the Avs took some of these guys I'd be happy.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Trade:

The Florida Panthers trade Jayce Hawryluk and pick 209 to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for Stefan Matteau, Matthew Puempel and Jacob Josefson

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I'm kinda saddened that IC did not feel the very skilled Luke Gazdic was significant enough for the waiver list. :sarcasm:

I'll try to track down all my waiver eligible players soon

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Leafs are looking for a left handed stay at home d....I might have overvalued the defensive skills of sekera and petry (would be willing to include eithers rights in a package for one) Would also consider moving Reilly for a crazy good defenseman and winger as well.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Bruins would like to move Chudinov or O'Gara (D-prospects) for another 5th round/early 6th round pick, if any are interested

Last edited:

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado

I have for the most part gotten my targets; after the 30th pick was away for 37 so I submitted my list of:

Denis Guryanov; Jesper Lindgren; Anthony Beauvilier

Guryanov and Beauvilier go 35/36... so my pick at 37 was Lindgren. Didn't expect that when I submitted my list not 7 picks earlier

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i had lots of targets so it's obvious i was going to miss some of team... even with 20+ picks or whatever i have in this draft, lol.

i did want beauvillier and/or bracco real bad. was hoping that konecny would fall further but obviously he didn't. i did want cernak (had him rated as early/mid 2nd rounder) but basically gave up on him as i traded one of my early 3rd rounder as it was unlikely he would fall.. ironic that he was taken with the exact same pick i traded.

dunn and vande sompel i hoped would fall. well many others too, had lots of players on my list.

but mostly have gotten the players i wanted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad