NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft Poll: Fourth Overall Pick

Who Should the Detroit Red Wings Select 4th Overall?

• Anton Lundell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dawson Mercer

• Brandon Schneider

• Seth Jarvis

• Other - please specify in the comments section

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
As others have said, there are Perfetti ties. IMO if it wasn't a mock, I would go with Jamie Drysdale if it was a positional need, if not I would go with Marco Rossi.

I strongly considered both guys, before going with Perfetti. Starting with the fourth pick, all bets are off.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I strongly considered both guys, before going with Perfetti. Starting with the fourth pick, all bets are off.

It's going to be hard to miss with a couple of those guys, really is a matter of preference. I think you are getting some known quantities in guys like Sanderson, Perfetti, Holtz, and Raymond. In a odd way, they are high upside guys, with a mid-level to high floor. Sanderson is going to be logging effective top 4 minutes barring injury for a 8-10 year stretch.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It's going to be hard to miss with a couple of those guys, really is a matter of preference. I think you are getting some known quantities in guys like Sanderson, Perfetti, Holtz, and Raymond. In a odd way, they are high upside guys, with a mid-level to high floor. Sanderson is going to be logging effective top 4 minutes barring injury for a 8-10 year stretch.

And that's where that subjective balancing comes into play.

For example, Ottawa is up next after this pick and I think they go defenseman.

So I have Holtz fourth on my list, Raymond 6th, and at least one of them will be on the board after Ottawa picks. Ditto for Rossi, who I have 5th.

While I personally have Drysdale a little lower than many, I have to acknolwedge he probably gets picked higher than my ranking.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

So I have Holtz fourth on my list, Raymond 6th, and at least one of them will be on the board after Ottawa picks. Ditto for Rossi, who I have 5th.

While I personally have Drysdale a little lower than many, I have to acknolwedge he probably gets picked higher than my ranking.
I like Sanderson better than Drysdale, but given the nature of the mock and the profiles of the teams involved, I think Drysdale goes first (with the next pick, to Ottawa).

Reactions: Edge

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

BUF goes for an NHL ready winger, and I think they take Raymond over Holtz. But Drysdale can skate, the seasons by DeAngelo, Fox; and add to Ryan Ellis' role with NSH, I don't think that makes teams a little gun shy. I see OTT taking Rossi with on of their picks, he's already got a huge fan base in OTT.

1. Laf
2. Byfield
3. Stutlze
4. Perfetti
5. Rossi
6. Sanderson
7. Drysdale
8. Raymond
9. Lundell
10. Holtz
11. Quinn
12. Guhle
13. Mercer or Askarov
------------------------
14. Traded or Mercer/Askarov
15. Traded or Schneider
------------------------
Here's where I think the draft gets turned upside down. To me there is a clear Top 12 & Askarov. Guhle is a need pick. Mercer and Askarov would be a great pick from 11-14, which would be the first "slider" in terms of the value that the player offers. Then it's the wild west. One of Amirov, Holloway, Jarvis, Zary, Bourque, and Hendrix is going to slide if not two. You could see three of them at the Ranger pick, but I doubt Jarvis would be one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad