NFL Draft: Mock Draft Discussion Thread

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I'm pretty happy about trading down and still getting one of my top 2 targets (and it was a close call). Dodd may be pretty green, but with Ealy/CJ both under 30, there's time to work him along at the proper speed (and Gettleman loves him some "hog mollies"). Like with Clemson, he doesn't have to be a star, just fit in on a stacked unit.

canucks10

Jan 15, 2014
Over the Rainbow
I'm pretty happy about trading down and still getting one of my top 2 targets (and it was a close call). Dodd may be pretty green, but with Ealy/CJ both under 30, there's time to work him along at the proper speed (and Gettleman loves him some "hog mollies"). Like with Clemson, he doesn't have to be a star, just fit in on a stacked unit.

Good pick, had him all lined up for 35 :rant: Oh well quite happy with Butler!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Came down to Doctson and another WR for me at 23. The tiebreaker was size, as that's something the Vikings lack at WR. Diggs is 6'0, Wright is 5'11. Patterson and Charles Johnson are 6'2 but Johnson disappeared after getting Wally Pipp'd by Diggs last year and Patterson can't figure out how to learn a route tree and is purely a KR at this point.

I like it. He's the type of WR the Vikings could use. One thing that concerns me is the age but I'd be fine with it if they took him 23rd.

The WR I probably would have taken at that spot still hasn't been picked, which is a bit surprising to me.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I like it. He's the type of WR the Vikings could use. One thing that concerns me is the age but I'd be fine with it if they took him 23rd.

The WR I probably would have taken at that spot still hasn't been picked, which is a bit surprising to me.

and now he's gone. i thought about him but felt improving the Dline was more important. would've taken him if i hadn't traded up.

edit. too late.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Good pick, had him all lined up for 35 :rant: Oh well quite happy with Butler!

Thanks. Yeah I was surprised at a few of the DEs to go before him. But as Gene said, he's probably too much of a boom or bust guy for most teams.

I like the Coleman pick too. I don't want the Panthers to take a WR but if they do he's the guy.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Coleman in the 2nd would be a steal. I went with Kamalei Correa. Twitched up pass rusher with speed and effort. I was hoping Jackson or Butler would be there but no dice.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
It's like the guy hasn't heard of a ****ing countermove in his entire life. I love the tools but the guy makes me want to rip my hair out.

Ryan Kelly is a plug-and-play C prospect for the next 4-5 years easily. Nice pick CI.

6'4" 270 With crazy raw athletic tools but all he can do is bullrush or outside rip. Inconsistent hand usage. He needs coaching and patience.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
It's like the guy hasn't heard of a ****ing countermove in his entire life. I love the tools but the guy makes me want to rip my hair out.

Ryan Kelly is a plug-and-play C prospect for the next 4-5 years easily. Nice pick CI.

This was my thinking as well. There has been some talk of moving Brandon Linder to C, but I'd rather just snag the best one in the draft and let Linder stay at RG where he was arguably our best Offensive Lineman last year.

Beachum//Cann//Kelly//Linder//Parnell

Is a pretty solid line imo.

And we'd still have decent depth with, among others, Joeckel and Bowanko.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad