News Article: Mo Seider wins SHL D-man of the Year

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
First Yzerman and now blash. I know this organization is not used to dealing with a rebuild but there are some facts people need to face. A lack of talent on a roster makes it challenging to win. We can go into more detail and its a deep rabit hole but every hole you dig is going to come back to the talent level of the roster. Blash's competance might not be in systemic rollout of an NHL play, it might be in "keeping the players sane while they are hopelessly losing". And the other part of the equation is even if Blash is the worst coach in the NHL "it doesn't matter" the wings are not going to go anywhere in the standings that matters with a different coach. My advice on GM and Coach are chill for a bit while the draft picks get cooking. When we have a roster full of talented 20 somethings then open the floodgates on who sucks at what. This is like a boat having a giant hole in the hull and blaming the captain the boat doesn't go fast enough.

Apparently peanut butter changed his life.

HockeyBuzz.com - Jeremy Laura - (M)Over-achiever? Seider voted best defensemen of IIHF Worlds.

I think I just hacked the new Red Wings drafting and development system:

1) Screen prospects for tree nut allergies.
2) Give your draft picks peanut butter every day.

This is actually from a beer company, but I might have to get myself a new t-shirt:

images

This is a super peeve of mine and not directed at you in any way. The whole "you wouldn't understand" meme annoys the fudge out of me. I can understand pretty much anything. I mean there are things about relativity, quantum physics, psychology I can follow. There are parts of even rocket science like drag, orbital mechanics I can understand. I think we can all rub two brain cells together and understand the fishing thing or the beer pong thing or the hiking thing. Its not that I don't understand its just that it doesn't matter to me enough to put energy into bandwagon fanboy on some sub-group's enthusiasm. I want to get a bumper sticker that says "I understand your Jeep thing, I just don't care"

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
This is a super peeve of mine and not directed at you in any way. The whole "you wouldn't understand" meme annoys the fudge out of me. I can understand pretty much anything. I mean there are things about relativity, quantum physics, psychology I can follow. There are parts of even rocket science like drag, orbital mechanics I can understand. I think we can all rub two brain cells together and understand the fishing thing or the beer pong thing or the hiking thing. Its not that I don't understand its just that it doesn't matter to me enough to put energy into bandwagon fanboy on some sub-group's enthusiasm. I want to get a bumper sticker that says "I understand your Jeep thing, I just don't care"
For most things - and certainly stuff that gets put on memes - I tend to agree. But typical memes aside, there are experiences that are very different in terms of understanding when lived through as opposed to just conceptualized.

As in, I understood it would be more challenging to go from one child to three children. Then we had twins, and I UNDERSTOOD it. :thumbu:

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
For most things - and certainly stuff that gets put on memes - I tend to agree. But typical memes aside, there are experiences that are very different in terms of understanding when lived through as opposed to just conceptualized.

As in, I understood it would be more challenging to go from one child to three children. Then we had twins, and I UNDERSTOOD it. :thumbu:

Hahahahaha, I think "I have Twins, you wouldn't understand" is an acceptable T-shirt. And belated congratulations!

Reactions: jkutswings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad