OT: MN High School Hockey Thread

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Goalie makes the save...defenseman slides in out of control and puts it in his own goal while barreling through his own goalie.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Goalie makes the save...defenseman slides in out of control and puts it in his own goal while barreling through his own goalie.

Yeah, sucks for the New Ulm goalie there. I think he's been pretty good. Hung out to dry on 2 goals, and then his own guy puts it in for the 3rd.

District 5

Mar 1, 2014
Wow. :amazed:

Blake Wheeler-esque goal for New Ulm. That was awesome.

That was a sweet goal. Then he totally ruined it by not acknowledging his teammates and forcing a ridiculous celebration. Is it me or are other people sick of these celebrations these kids put on display every year?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, I thought it was fine. They're high school kids playing on the biggest stage of their lives. For most of them, these are the biggest hockey games they'll ever play in.

The only celebrations I do have a problem with were when STA was beating teams by like 6 goals, and then they go over to do choreographed celebrations with the student section. That's a bit over the top.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Also, holy crap. They showed those Swarm highlights during intermission. I had no idea that many people went to lacrosse games.

District 5

Mar 1, 2014
I understand they are excited and it is a big stage, I get it. I have been watching high school hockey for a long time and this seems to be more and more relevant in the past 5 years or so. I'm all for the kids having fun but to me it is starting to get annoying. Just my opinion boys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad