Good card tonight

tapatalk_1078737922.jpeg

Reactions: BigToe

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Posted in the OB thread before by accident but:

Really painful to see Algieri get knocked out the way he was earlier on today by Benn.

He seems a pretty clever, nice guy... and has done everything in boxing already given his talent. Won a World Championship for god sake.

Yeh, he is still a solid 2nd tier guy. But at 37? Why man. Why.

If Anthony Crolla ever decides to come back (he wont) I am driving round to his house to try and stop it ahaha.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t know why the UFC needs to see another fight or more. Maybe they want him to showcase his striking more? I think he could get pretty far solely on grappling.

I’m very much a casual follower of UFC. But it seems like he fought on card that’s essentially like a try-out last night. Other guys got contracts on that card but he didn’t for whatever reason. He’s on another try-out type card again coming up where if he wins he’ll then get a contract.

I don’t know if they’re just being cautious because of the hype is much greater than the experience right now?

Reactions: wankstifier

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
@wankstifier watching/listening to some UFC talk shows it sounds like this was the plan all along. He was always set to have two fights in this Contender Series try-out. I guess the logic is that it gets Bo more experience & the UFC gets a hot name in business right on this show twice.

He apparently has a development contract with the UFC. But with a win in the next one he’ll get a main contract & start fighting in the UFC.

Reactions: wankstifier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad