Other Sports: MMA/Boxing Thread

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Loma showing why he's considered world class now. Too late though? I have it at 6-4 Lopez

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Lomo bailed out by the headbutt..Lopez was taking it to him

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Lightwork for Khabib. Shame he's retiring.
Mma needs a dynastic type to defend the belt repeatedly, not a rat who runs like Mcgregor.
Be interesting to see if someone can fill that void.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Lightwork for Khabib. Shame he's retiring.
Mma needs a dynastic type to defend the belt repeatedly, not a rat who runs like Mcgregor.
Be interesting to see if someone can fill that void.

That was a shit kicking. Sad to see home retire.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Khabib just too good.

Wonder if we get winner of Conor/Porier vs Gaethje for the belt now.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Gaethje was a decent wrestler, but he was only once an all-American as a D1 wrestler, and barely. Just funny to see that experience advertised when Nurmagomedov is a world class submission wrestler who probably gets regular training with world class freestyle and submission wrestlers.

Not to put down Nurmagomedov’s accomplishments. Just don’t feel like he got a worthy opponent in his career. Bunch of strong competitors, but no one in his tier.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Gaethje was a decent wrestler, but he was only once an all-American as a D1 wrestler, and barely. Just funny to see that experience advertised when Nurmagomedov is a world class submission wrestler who probably gets regular training with world class freestyle and submission wrestlers.

Not to put down Nurmagomedov’s accomplishments. Just don’t feel like he got a worthy opponent in his career. Bunch of strong competitors, but no one in his tier.
Ferguson would have been an interesting opponent.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Ferguson would have been an interesting opponent.
But Fergeson’s striking although unique and hard to prepare for, would have wound up on his back against Khabib, when DC openly admits Khabib would take him down at will and hold him there that’s a HW who is a great wrestler in his own right, I just never saw a way Fergeson could win save a “punchers chance” type KO

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
But Fergeson’s striking although unique and hard to prepare for, would have wound up on his back against Khabib, when DC openly admits Khabib would take him down at will and hold him there that’s a HW who is a great wrestler in his own right, I just never saw a way Fergeson could win save a “punchers chance” type KO
Ferguson is a lanky guy though with tremendous BJJ and insane cardio. He's great from his back, he's finished guys before from that position. If Khabib made the same mistake on the ground that he did against Porier, Tony would have capitalized. It's a damn shame that fight fell through so many times.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

Cormier is pretty good. He probably would've won NCAAs if he hadn't run into Cael "159-0" Sanderson. His best wrestling accomplishment was a 3rd place finish at the 2007 World Championships, which is the highest stage of competition for freestyle. I question his statement about Nurmagomedov "taking him down at will" even at his age. The weight difference is immense and as you said, Cormier is a premier wrestling talent.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Cormier is pretty good. He probably would've won NCAAs if he hadn't run into Cael "159-0" Sanderson. His best wrestling accomplishment was a 3rd place finish at the 2007 World Championships, which is the highest stage of competition for freestyle. I question his statement about Nurmagomedov "taking him down at will" even at his age. The weight difference is immense and as you said, Cormier is a premier wrestling talent.
I’m sure there was some showmanship in it when DC was talking about after all they’re really close

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Ferguson is a lanky guy though with tremendous BJJ and insane cardio. He's great from his back, he's finished guys before from that position. If Khabib made the same mistake on the ground that he did against Porier, Tony would have capitalized. It's a damn shame that fight fell through so many times.
You have a very fair point, Tony does have some of the most impressive cardio in the sport and is a really good BJJ player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad