News Article: MLSE won't accept negative COVID test result for events, attendees must be vaccinated

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I half agree, the science isn't finished with the vaccines. They still don't know the repercussions of the lipids being found in other parts of the body. They originally assured the public that the lipids(lipids are essentially the boxes the mRNA is stored in) will only be found in the arm muscles. Its been shown to accumulate in bone marrow and more worryingly in the ovaries.
These lipids may amount to nothing but they fact they are being found where they shouldn't be and the fact that science still doesn't know if they will cause issues is scary. I only found this out after I got both my shots.
My dilemma is in vaccinating my 12yr old daughter. I am honestly worried that there could be a long-term effect to her ovaries.
I want a better answer than "it should be ok"

Good point.

Realistically odds have been low you would get it, but I recently heard (last couple of days) that eventually if you aren't vaccinated you will get it. I suppose that might be because it isn't being eliminated it is being mitigated. Reported this morning 17% in hospital (maybe Alberta) have been fully vaccinated, which of course means 83% hospital cases (3% of that not fully, one shot or too soon after shot) are not fully vaccinated. So pretty clear what the odds are about being hospitalized. Just the stats/facts. Hard to debate the actual counts.

So assuming you are going to get it, I'm sure the odds are quite low about dying, and quite low about long-covid, and quite low about the virus messing you up for life.

Nothing wrong with going with the odds, if you're prepared to live and die with the results.

Sports teams and many business are deciding who they want as customers and working for them. No one is being forced to do anything, it is all up to the individual and that is what it should be.

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Restrictions based on medical status is always illegal. Can you turn away someone in a wheelchair? Someone who is blind? Someone with HIV or AIDS or even Tuberculosis? The answer is no.

And businesses are not private if they allow the public through their doors, once that happens, they cannot discriminate for any reason. Every businesses licensing agreement states they are required to follow Human Rights, Canadian/Provincial/Municipal laws/by-laws or face fines up to and including the loss of their license.
I'm totally understanding of people who cannot receive a vaccine safely due to health complications, but refusing to get a vaccine when 80% of the population has isn't a medical status.

Reactions: myleafs

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I'm totally understanding of people who cannot receive a vaccine safely due to health complications, but refusing to get a vaccine when 80% of the population has isn't a medical status.
Personally, I think anyone above 40 should 100% get the vaccine. Its the 12-39 bracket that concerns me. Lets say that the worst case happens and the vaccines has serious long term complications. I feel the 12-39 are better served by actually getting COVID and developing immunity that way.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Restrictions based on medical status is always illegal. Can you turn away someone in a wheelchair? Someone who is blind? Someone with HIV or AIDS or even Tuberculosis? The answer is no.

And businesses are not private if they allow the public through their doors, once that happens, they cannot discriminate for any reason. Every businesses licensing agreement states they are required to follow Human Rights, Canadian/Provincial/Municipal laws/by-laws or face fines up to and including the loss of their license.
They are private business’s they only way they are not is if they are owned by government.
All those medical examples you used are actual sicknesses not someone’s vaccinated status. Totally different scenario.
Schools have almost always required children to be vaccinated for many childhood diseases and show proof or be sent home to be home schooled.
The military has required certain vaccinations as a condition of enlistment.
What about the old restaurant saying
No Shoes, no shirt, no service……same thing.
If you actually look in our charter of rights and freedoms there are specifics things that you cannot discriminate against and vaccines are not one of them or schools/ military would not be allowed to enforce it

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
yeah agree to disagree guys...I have my shots so it doesn't affect me but this seems kind of dumb to me...so glad all of you are for ostracizing people who choose not to get the vaccine, absolute brilliance...we Canadians are so tolerant aren't we? personally i dont give a hoot whether people got the vaccine or not I also don't think we should be shutting society down to those people either though...seems about 6 steps too far in my books

Reactions: Auston 316

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Personally, I think anyone above 40 should 100% get the vaccine. Its the 12-39 bracket that concerns me. Lets say that the worst case happens and the vaccines has serious long term complications. I feel the 12-39 are better served by actually getting COVID and developing immunity that way.
The worst case is that it overwhelms the medical infrastructure, like it is doing in the US right now and people die at an even greater rate.
However that is another discussion.
This one is about human rights and what constitutes public and private business.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
They are private business’s they only way they are not is if they are owned by government.
All those medical examples you used are actual sicknesses not someone’s vaccinated status. Totally different scenario.
Schools have almost always required children to be vaccinated for many childhood diseases and show proof or be sent home to be home schooled.
The military has required certain vaccinations as a condition of enlistment.
What about the old restaurant saying
No Shoes, no shirt, no service……same thing.
If you actually look in our charter of rights and freedoms there are specifics things that you cannot discriminate against and vaccines are not one of them or schools/ military would not be allowed to enforce it

https://www.ontario.ca/page/vaccines-children-school#section-4

Exemptions
Under the Immunization of School Pupils Act, your child can be exempted from immunization for medical reasons or due to conscience or religious belief.

1. Medical reasons
2. Due to conscience
3. Religious belief

Reactions: Auston 316

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Here is another little rid bit about rights.
Without enacting special federal powers of emergency the government cannot force the general public to get vaccinated however the government as an employer can in fact make it a requirement to be vaccinated for their employes.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
hmmm well if you are sitting beside someone, you are not going to give them a life threatening virus while in a wheel chair, or with aids, or HIV....tb yes you can spread that to someone else. You are not allowed to smoke on patios or in building because it affects other people. Private businesses can turn you away for not wearing a shirt or shoes so they can discriminate no?
Yup. There are so many restriction in modern society because some people need to be protected from themselves.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
This was a good conversation for awhile but I see it going off the rails now.
Vaccination: the passion that unites us all.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Why isn't a negative test not good enough for entry?

If you don't have it you ain't spreading it and if you catch it there because your unvaccinated that sounds like a you problem

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

If you don't have it you ain't spreading it and if you catch it there because your unvaccinated that sounds like a you problem
Ya I could be ok with that as an alternative. I think that would be fair enough but they have chosen to be on the safest side they could……..it’s not like they will have any problems filling whatever seats are available.
:)

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
yeah agree to disagree guys...I have my shots so it doesn't affect me but this seems kind of dumb to me...so glad all of you are for ostracizing people who choose not to get the vaccine, absolute brilliance...we Canadians are so tolerant aren't we? personally i dont give a hoot whether people got the vaccine or not I also don't think we should be shutting society down to those people either though...seems about 6 steps too far in my books

I hope you don't mind me "adding" that I appreciate this post.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
This was a good conversation for awhile but I see it going off the rails now.
Vaccination: the passion that unites us all.
Yup. Against my better judgment it tried to keep it rational but alas it was not be.
I do like your saying though and I might borrow it from time to time.
Lol

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

I have all my vaccinations but i an not getting this one. Why is a private medical reason. Always voted liberal too and that’s not happening either ever again. I’m not down with totalitarianism. I really like them advertising they don’t want my money. I’m looking for businesses or activist groups that need my services ha. Seriously boycotting with my wallet on this. I will not back down on abuse of power. My hair is up. This is trampling on everything this country was built on

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

problem seems pretty obvious to me. If everywhere starts requiring a negative test, you are going to heavily burden the medical system with frivolous tests where people are showing no symptoms but simply want to go to a movie, restaurant or sports event.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Does it matter?

MLSE has decided how they want to conduct their business, and no one is forced to go to Leafs' games.

Actually, might be some turnover of tickets and perhaps a hooligan crowd will show up and make some noise?

Reactions: Sypher04

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
problem seems pretty obvious to me. If everywhere starts requiring a negative test, you are going to heavily burden the medical system with frivolous tests where people are showing no symptoms but simply want to go to a movie, restaurant or sports event.
Life sure is going to be complicated for awhile……..I can hardly wait for the zombie variant to show up.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Does it matter?

MLSE has decided how they want to conduct their business, and no one is forced to go to Leafs' games.

Actually, might be some turnover of tickets and perhaps a hooligan crowd will show up and make some noise?
That would be a refreshing change……the boys in blue better sharpen up for that monumental occasion

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I think this concept for large venues and indoor events be it concerts or sporting events or other similar events will soon adopt a similar set of rules in place for event goers.

This will be standard operating practice at least in Canada I believe in short order.

My Kelowna Rockets of the WHL have already informed season ticket holders that unless they're fully vaccinated they will not be allowed in the building this upcoming season as part of the renewal package rules for this upcoming season.

NEWS –

PROSPERA PLACE ANNOUNCES PROOF OF VACCINATION PROGRAM

As of September 17th, all guests, staff and employees will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to entering Prospera Place for all events including Kelowna Rockets games…
Your head doctor out thete bonnie Henry closed down all restaurants and kept wine tasting exempt because she owns a vineyard. That was during the height of infection. Quite the abuse of power and greasy eh.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Life sure is going to be complicated for awhile……..I can hardly wait for the zombie variant to show up.

Don't be ridiculous. People will never lose their humanity. It's not like there are people driving around alone in their cars with masks on, people yelling at people 100 yards away in a park for being unmasked, people posting on social media that the unvaccinated deserve to die, people putting masks on the faces of toddlers, etc.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Your head doctor out thete bonnie Henry closed down all restaurants and kept wine tasting exempt because she owns a vineyard. That was during the height of infection. Quite the abuse of power and greasy eh.
That’s just standard political capital now a days. Lol

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020

There are multiple levels to this stuff. There are the drones who act as the flash mob for government authoritarianism. Then there's the elite who are above any of the rules and cater them for themselves. These are the same people who lecture you about your paltry carbon footprint while taking private jets dozens of times a year.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Don't be ridiculous. People will never lose their humanity. It's not like there are people driving around alone in their cars with masks on, people yelling at people 100 yards away in a park for being unmasked, people posting on social media that the unvaccinated deserve to die, people putting masks on the faces of toddlers, etc.

masks are safe for children 2 and up, and that’s even those with special medical needs. Why wouldn’t you protect your toddler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad