News Article: MLSE won't accept negative COVID test result for events, attendees must be vaccinated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Honestly seems fair enough to me. People can take the shot or not the shot, it’s up to them and they can do what they like. If the vaccines lower risk though it seems only right to open up society to vaxxed first. Can’t really have your cake and eat it too if you decide to avoid any potential vaccine injury by remaining non vaxxed. It’s too bad this whole situation needs to be such a polarized name calling hate fest. Seems simple to me, open up society to vaxxed and then open it up to the rest maybe 6-12 months later when shit is more under control.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think this concept for large venues and indoor events be it concerts or sporting events or other similar events will soon adopt a similar set of rules in place for event goers.

This will be standard operating practice at least in Canada I believe in short order.

My Kelowna Rockets of the WHL have already informed season ticket holders that unless they're fully vaccinated they will not be allowed in the building this upcoming season as part of the renewal package rules for this upcoming season.

NEWS –

PROSPERA PLACE ANNOUNCES PROOF OF VACCINATION PROGRAM

As of September 17th, all guests, staff and employees will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to entering Prospera Place for all events including Kelowna Rockets games…

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
They did say at the bottom,

"Starting Sept. 22, residents will need to show proof of immunization to access public spaces such as gyms, movie theatres and indoor dining at restaurants.
The system won’t apply to essential services like health care and grocery stores, or to children under 12 and those with select medical exemptions to COVID-19 vaccines."

Unlike Florida I hope it takes more then a chiropractor signature to get exempted

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
My employer announced our employees 100k+ must be fully vaccinated or have a valid medical reason not be be vaccinated by October. No vaccine you go on unpaid leave.

Oilers vaccination or negative result ... won't be surprised to see that changed to vaccinated.

Flames: CALGARY -- Fans, players and staff going into the Scotiabank Saddledome and McMahon Stadium for Calgary Flames, Hitmen and Stampeders games and live events will have to be fully vaccinated starting next month.

Day follows night or night follows day ... either way you look at it we move along.

Last edited:

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Conspiracy Theories:

1. Removal of Societal Privileges for the Unvaccinated
2. Vaccine Passports
3. Smart Phone Tracking
4. Required Booster Shots
5. Getting Fired For Choosing Against Vaccination

6. Police Breaking Down Doors for Covid Misinformation
7. Incarceration of the Unvaccinated

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Conspiracy Theories:

1. Removal of Societal Privileges for the Unvaccinated
2. Vaccine Passports
3. Smart Phone Tracking
4. Required Booster Shots
5. Getting Fired For Choosing Against Vaccination

6. Police Breaking Down Doors for Covid Misinformation
7. Incarceration of the Unvaccinated
Well done sir!

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
So cheering on violating basic human rights and supporting illegal mandates that break many laws against medical discrimination is perfectly acceptable on here now?
It’s not violating basic human right……..nowhere in what we call a constitution is it enshrined that you have the right to go to a leafs game.
Secondly what about a private company’s right to operate their business as they see fit or do rights only apply to you

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
The violating rights complaint is nonsense.
Modern day society has so many rules regulations and licences required to work, drive, fish, hunt even get married legally.
I would love that I could drive 150-170 on the highway but I can’t.
What about seatbelts, helmets on motorcycle.
Vaccines to go to school.
I could type all day long about certain requirements needed to operate in modern day society

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
The violating rights complaint is nonsense.
Modern day society has so many rules regulations and licences required to work, drive, fish, hunt even get married legally.
I would love that I could drive 150-170 on the highway but I can’t.
What about seatbelts, helmets on motorcycle.
Vaccines to go to school.
I could type all day long about certain requirements needed to operate in modern day society
I agree with all that but having people lose their jobs over it sucks I think. Why couldn’t they just have let the people work but not attend events and such? Even if some non vaxxed were working that would still result in a massive reduction in exposure in general. It’s a shame they had to go zero to 100 without remorse.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
It’s not violating basic human right……..nowhere in what we call a constitution is it enshrined that you have the right to go to a leafs game.
Secondly what about a private company’s right to operate their business as they see fit or do rights only apply to you

Restrictions based on medical status is always illegal. Can you turn away someone in a wheelchair? Someone who is blind? Someone with HIV or AIDS or even Tuberculosis? The answer is no.

And businesses are not private if they allow the public through their doors, once that happens, they cannot discriminate for any reason. Every businesses licensing agreement states they are required to follow Human Rights, Canadian/Provincial/Municipal laws/by-laws or face fines up to and including the loss of their license.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Great news! I'm glad they're referencing science and not stupidity.
I half agree, the science isn't finished with the vaccines. They still don't know the repercussions of the lipids being found in other parts of the body. They originally assured the public that the lipids(lipids are essentially the boxes the mRNA is stored in) will only be found in the arm muscles. Its been shown to accumulate in bone marrow and more worryingly in the ovaries.
These lipids may amount to nothing but they fact they are being found where they shouldn't be and the fact that science still doesn't know if they will cause issues is scary. I only found this out after I got both my shots.
My dilemma is in vaccinating my 12yr old daughter. I am honestly worried that there could be a long-term effect to her ovaries.
I want a better answer than "it should be ok"

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I wonder if we are going to have a vax section and non vax section like smoking back in the day.

“Party of 6, would you like vax or non vax section?”

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I half agree, the science isn't finished with the vaccines. They still don't know the repercussions of the lipids being found in other parts of the body. They originally assured the public that the lipids(lipids are essentially the boxes the mRNA is stored in) will only be found in the arm muscles. Its been shown to accumulate in bone marrow and more worryingly in the ovaries.
These lipids may amount to nothing but they fact they are being found where they shouldn't be and the fact that science still doesn't know if they will cause issues is scary. I only found this out after I got both my shots.
My dilemma is in vaccinating my 12yr old daughter. I am honestly worried that there could be a long-term effect to her ovaries.
I want a better answer than "it should be ok"
Well reasoned. This is where I am at. And I want to see the data before I take anything, going in blind is not an option for me with all my issues (I can't eat grapefruit and some supplements on my meds, but taking a vaxx without knowing a single ingredient or any contraindications is ok?). "Trust Us" isn't a substitute for actual data, nor can I risk having something not tested for any contraindications.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Well reasoned. This is where I am at. And I want to see the data before I take anything, going in blind is not an option for me with all my issues (I can't eat grapefruit and some supplements on my meds, but taking a vaxx without knowing a single ingredient or any contraindications is ok?). "Trust Us" isn't a substitute for actual data, nor can I risk having something not tested for any contraindications.

There was a Supreme Court case in 1919 and again somewhere in the 30's that dealt with this "Human Rights" issue.

To paraphrase very poorly, it deals with the issue that while you have the right to not get vaxxed, it is superceded by the rights of others who you could put in dnager.

Along the same lines as you have the right to drink as much as you want, but you cannot then drive you car putting others at risk.

What I don't care for in all of this is that is someone is unvaxxed and doesn't have Covif, who gives a shit then?

Produce a negative test and move on.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
There was a Supreme Court case in 1919 and again somewhere in the 30's that dealt with this "Human Rights" issue.

To paraphrase very poorly, it deals with the issue that while you have the right to not get vaxxed, it is superceded by the rights of others who you could put in dnager.

Along the same lines as you have the right to drink as much as you want, but you cannot then drive you car putting others at risk.

What I don't care for in all of this is that is someone is unvaxxed and doesn't have Covif, who gives a shit then?

Produce a negative test and move o
n.

I think the issue with that is people who are double vaxed can still have covid and pass it along. It’s just they are not affected by it as strongly as before.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016

Produce a negative test and move on.
Also what I don't understand is why is it ok for thousands of vaccinated people to gather, transmit the virus amongst themselves then bring it home to their unvaxxed kids.
Also this whole thing of vaxxed and unvaxxed is clouding the real issue. We all followed the rules to ensure our healthcare system didn't collapse, the real question is why are we not fixing such a fragile healthcare system?
Fix the heathcare system and it won't really natter if people choose to get the shot or not.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I think the issue with that is people who are double vaxed can still have covid and pass it along. It’s just they are not affected by it as strongly as before.

All the more reason why none of this makes sense. Since the vaccines only prevent the majority from becoming ill, and they can still get and transmit Covid then what is the point of all this?

If someone chooses to take the risk of going out and getting Covid without being vaxxed, how is that an issue to anyone else?

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Also what I don't understand is why is it ok for thousands of vaccinated people to gather, transmit the virus amongst themselves then bring it home to their unvaxxed kids.
Also this whole thing of vaxxed and unvaxxed is clouding the real issue. We all followed the rules to ensure our healthcare system didn't collapse, the real question is why are we not fixing such a fragile healthcare system?
Fix the heathcare system and it won't really natter if people choose to get the shot or not.

Couldn't agree more with everything you said

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
All the more reason why none of this makes sense. Since the vaccines only prevent the majority from becoming ill, and they can still get and transmit Covid then what is the point of all this?

If someone chooses to take the risk of going out and getting Covid without being vaxxed, how is that an issue to anyone else?

You may wind up in a hospital.

A $15 vaccine for the government is a lot cheaper than a weeks long hospital stay which easily costs thousands to tens-of-thousands more (and also takes space and resources away from other wards and patients).

A lot of this simply comes down to money, but I have no doubt that the higher ups in some of these big companies are taking direction from provincial/federal health bureaus.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
You may wind up in a hospital.

A $15 vaccine for the government is a lot cheaper than a weeks long hospital stay which easily costs thousands to tens-of-thousands more (and also takes space and resources away from other wards and patients).

A lot of this simply comes down to money, but I have no doubt that the higher ups in some of these big companies are taking direction from provincial/federal health bureaus.

Good point

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Restrictions based on medical status is always illegal. Can you turn away someone in a wheelchair? Someone who is blind? Someone with HIV or AIDS or even Tuberculosis? The answer is no.

And businesses are not private if they allow the public through their doors, once that happens, they cannot discriminate for any reason. Every businesses licensing agreement states they are required to follow Human Rights, Canadian/Provincial/Municipal laws/by-laws or face fines up to and including the loss of their license.
hmmm well if you are sitting beside someone, you are not going to give them a life threatening virus while in a wheel chair, or with aids, or HIV....tb yes you can spread that to someone else. You are not allowed to smoke on patios or in building because it affects other people. Private businesses can turn you away for not wearing a shirt or shoes so they can discriminate no?

Reactions: Rob Brown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad