Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team IV - Revolution hire Caleb Porter as new head coach

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I think its very tough to top Eddie Howe. I'd argue he's one of the top 3 managers in the Premiership. Top 5 for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ended up as the England manager in the next 5 years.

Newcastle simply ran out of players over the past month and a half through injury and suspension and the heavy schedule has taken its toll. The Premiership, Europe, and the League Cup schedule has had them playing 2 matches a week for basically the last 2 months. While I'm disappointed to be out of the CL, they definitely can use the break to focus on the Premiership and 2 Cup runs.

Chelsea next week in the League Cup Semi, and then a good old fashioned Tyne-Wear Derby in the FA Cup against Sunderland coming up.

I’m really pulling for Sunderland to come up so we get this rivalry back 2x a year

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Officially official...

Best of luck to Porter. He's going to need it. This basket case club looks to go on its slow descent down the ladder of irrelevancy yet again, as it sells off all of the promising young and in prime players for coin that goes right into Jonathan Kraft's pocket.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Why was Caleb Porter available if he has won multiple MLS cups? I like the big name aspect of this hire I just don't know his background that well.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
His regular-season record with the Crew was 45-43-37. That is mediocrity to the core even with winning the cup.

Good luck to him with this terrible and poorly run team.

Justice for Bruce, Shalrie, and Van de Berg.
You know what I was just thinking, where is Stevie Williams? I hope nobody hires him and Bruce lands on his feet shortly (which he will). Bruce Arena did not need to be forced out. Not when he is immediately going to get another job. There were other ways to handle this situation.

Reactions: Mione134

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Another good player for us will probably go overseas.
This is one thing I can't really get upset about. MLS might never be a league where it keeps guys from "big" European clubs. Sure it will attract guys towards the end of their career but MLS has a lot of catching up to do if it ever wants to be in the conversation.

Haven't followed this closely enough. Is this somehow in response to the Super League threat?

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Update...the source for this report has been falsified.

1703689983473.png

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Arsenal host West Ham at 3:15 Eastern with a chance to leap over Liverpool into first. It's on...peacock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad