Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team III - World Cup 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Revs hammer CF Montreal by a score of 4-0. They're 5-1-1 on the season, and trail 1st place Cincinnati by a point in the Eastern Conference standings.

Always good to see the local team curb stomp their counterparts from the province of Quebec.

Also, while MLS isn't the best league in the world, it remains the most entertaining:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I feel like Felger right now. Can't get apple tv to work on my basement TV. Telling me I need to update my apple account and directs me to a link that won't work on my phone. Of course my wife can't be bothered to assist! I hate that you can't even watch the local team on cable. MLS can F off with this deal.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I was just gonna say wait this on AppleTV only? That's like the one thing I don't have -.-

I feel like Felger right now. Can't get apple tv to work on my basement TV. Telling me I need to update my apple account and directs me to a link that won't work on my phone. Of course my wife can't be bothered to assist! I hate that you can't even watch the local team on cable. MLS can F off with this deal.
Why would they put it on AppleTV lol. I heard that Felger segment the other day when he was saying it makes zero sense if they're trying to grow/market the sport.

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I was just gonna say wait this on AppleTV only? That's like the one thing I don't have -.-

Why would they put it on AppleTV lol. I heard that Felger segment the other day when he was saying it makes zero sense if they're trying to grow/market the sport.

It's so annoying that they keep putting games on Apple tv. Realistically nobody has that.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Last edited:

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Real Madrid vs Man City in the UCL semis is gonna be must see tv

Looking like a Milan derby on the other side of the bracket

Napoli big time choke job

Reactions: Mione134

OT Moment

Mar 25, 2014
Maine
I've always wanted to get really into the Revs, but the MLS is super inaccessible to watch..... Is there a way to watch every Revolution game on Roku or a similar device? I just got Youtube TV to watch the NHL playoffs, but it's awful for regular season local sports, especially since they haven't had NESN for years now.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I've always wanted to get really into the Revs, but the MLS is super inaccessible to watch..... Is there a way to watch every Revolution game on Roku or a similar device?
The only way to watch every Revolution game is to subscribe to MLS Season Pass through Apple TV. It's roughly $100 for the season, but T-Mobile customers can get it for free.

Occasional games are available on Apple TV without a subscription.

Reactions: OT Moment

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Man. United at Sevilla coming up on TUDN(Xfinity channel 1229) at 3 p.m., second leg, 2-2 on agg. MUFC gave up a 2-nil second half lead at Old Trafford, including an injury time equalizer.

Reactions: 13Hockey

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I was in the UK last week and saw my club (Portsmouth) draw yet again, 0-0 to Morecambe. They're now 0-3-3 lifetime in games I've seen in person.

PXL_20230410_133835992.jpg

Also did a tour of the new Tottenham Stadium, and headed out to Richmond to check out some Ted Lasso shooting locations.
PXL_20230412_112632295.jpg

PXL_20230412_121447442.MP.jpg

PXL_20230413_125316406.jpg

PXL_20230413_130414375.jpg

PXL_20230413_133012148.jpg

Ended the week watching Spurs play terribly against AFC Bournemouth, but at least I got to see Sonny score, and it was my first Premier League match!
PXL_20230415_141317343.jpg

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I was in the UK last week and saw my club (Portsmouth) draw yet again, 0-0 to Morecambe. They're now 0-3-3 lifetime in games I've seen in person.

View attachment 692626

Also did a tour of the new Tottenham Stadium, and headed out to Richmond to check out some Ted Lasso shooting locations.
View attachment 692631
View attachment 692632
View attachment 692628
View attachment 692629
View attachment 692630
Ended the week watching Spurs play terribly against AFC Bournemouth, but at least I got to see Sonny score, and it was my first Premier League match!
View attachment 692633
How the hell did you ever become a Pompey supporter? Do you have family there or something?

• Haha
Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
How the hell did you ever become a Pompey supporter? Do you have family there or something?
The question that literally everyone asks! 😂

After the 2006 World Cup I started getting into soccer a bit more, but couldn't watch a lot because there was no US TV Deal at the time (I don't think).

Pompey had made their FA Cup run in 2008 and I started following them then. They reminded me a bit of the Red Sox honestly. Team hadn't won in forever, played in an old, historic stadium. They weren't a perennial top team, which I'd really struggle to root for. I started playing as them in FIFA as well which helped me learn more about them and soccer as a whole.

After the win and the Final appearance in 2010 of course it was all downhill from there. Really tough back then to follow a Championship/League 1/League 2 team, but the EFL has made it much easier in recent years with the iFollow subscription.

I remember going to bed 10 years ago not knowing if the club would liquidate the next day before the fans saved the club. Winning League 2 was amazing 6 years ago... Sadly they've stagnated again. Getting real sick of League 1 haha.

Reactions: RoccoF14

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I am just a casual soccer fan, but want to say I think MLS was crazy like a fox to go with Apple Tv. It seems like it is too hard to find and pay for, but most people have smart televisions, and others have Apple products that can and will carry Apple TV. Like the NHL, they acknowledged they are a niche sport, with a small to medium-sized but loyal following. Unlike the Nhl, they are on a single network where they are primary programming and will not get treated like a second or third-class citizen.

That said, I miss the occasional Revs game, but I am not an Apple person and will not get Apple TV in all likelihood.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad