Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
4._New_England_Revolution___Crest.0.png

continued from Revs/MLS/Soccer - MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team II - New York City wins the MLS Cup

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Truly hate it but he is getting older I suppose
TFC is also paying him more per year than about half the teams in the league pay their entire rosters.

Also, reports out of Europe this morning are stating that Revolution forward Adam Buksa may be close to a transfer to Pisa of Serie B in a deal that would net the club roughly $10 million. I believe the Revolution acquired him for a little over $1 million, so that wouldn't be a bad ROI.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

Newcastle: Cambridge FA Cup defeat sparks frenzied reaction online as fans demand refunds | Daily Mail Online

FA CUP FOURTH ROUND DRAW IN FULL

• Wolves v Norwich
  • Manchester City v Fulham
  • Nottingham Forest v Leicester
  • Stoke v Wigan
  • Liverpool v Cardiff
  • Tottenham v Brighton
  • Manchester United v Middlesbrough
  • Kidderminster v West Ham
  • Everton v Brentford
  • Chelsea v Plymouth
  • Southampton v Coventry
  • Cambridge v Luton
  • Peterborough v QPR
  • Huddersfield v Barnsley
  • Bournemouth v Boreham Wood
  • Crystal Palace v Hartlepool

Last edited:

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
So, Everton have been my favorite team in England for quite a while.

They fired Rafa Benitez today - which was completely expected. Not entirely sure why he was hired in the first place.

But in the weeks leading up to this, they allowed him to win a power struggle with the club's Director of Football, Marcel Brands, who left the club in December. Days before he's sacked, he's allowed to sell one of the club's best players - Lucas Digne - to Aston Villa for a cut rate fee. The next manager will have to assume control of a roster that's now filled with his collection of reclamation projects. And there were reports that the owner arranged to bring in Anwar El Ghazi on loan, despite the objections of Benitez, who didn't want him.

Talk about dysfunctional.

The owner of the club may have a giant bank account, but he doesn't have the first clue as to what he's doing.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

They fired Rafa Benitez today - which was completely expected. Not entirely sure why he was hired in the first place.

But in the weeks leading up to this, they allowed him to win a power struggle with the club's Director of Football, Marcel Brands, who left the club in December. Days before he's sacked, he's allowed to sell one of the club's best players - Lucas Digne - to Aston Villa for a cut rate fee. The next manager will have to assume control of a roster that's now filled with his collection of reclamation projects. And there were reports that the owner arranged to bring in Anwar El Ghazi on loan, despite the objections of Benitez, who didn't want him.

The owner of the club may have a giant bank account, but he doesn't have the first clue as to what he's doing.

A real shame to see what’s happening. I’ll be honest they need to stop going for the big name managers imo. Hire someone that can bring a great style of play but is technically sound. I haven’t understood the hires or the signings. It’s like they’re just trying to bring in big names without having established themselves. It’s also gonna be really sad when Goodison is gone. That’s my favorite stadium in the league.

There’s no reason at all for them to be near the bottom of the table

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

0612CEF10000044D-0-image-m-40_1421624341538.jpg

Reactions: Gator Mike

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Gah!

For what it's worth, Arsenal's bid is said to be around $7 million with incentives that could eventually bring the total fee to more than $10 million.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvilDead

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Gah!

For what it's worth, Arsenal's bid is said to be around $7 million with incentives that could eventually bring the total fee to more than $10 million.

Turner going to Arsenal doesn't seem like it'd be good for anybody. Revs lose Turner. Turner only gets backup playing time. USMNT have another top goalie who doesn't play. Turner's bank account might be the only winner.

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Turner going to Arsenal doesn't seem like it'd be good for anybody. Revs lose Turner. Turner only gets backup playing time. USMNT have another top goalie who doesn't play. Turner's bank account might be the only winner.

I agree. He'll be a backup. Sure, it's still playing in the premier league but still. He's not going to get consistent time. Steffen style.

Is it worth it? That's up for Matt to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad