Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team II - New York City wins the MLS Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Ooof.

Revs fail to control the ball in their own six-yard box several times and Orlando finally rifles a shot home to cut the New England lead to 2-1.

New England needs a little more in terms of possession than what we're seeing right now.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Revs lead 2-1 at the half.

New England did well to create two goals against the run of play, but then squandered half of their lead following a quick succession of errors that allowed Orlando to score.

Halftime adjustments could be huge in this one.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
An absolutely wild first half. Having a crowd there makes a difference. Hope they can hang on but I could see them running out of steam down the stretch.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Agreed. I thought it was a harsh decision at first, but when you see the replay, there's really no argument against giving the red card.

Also, Nani is lucky he didn't get a red card for putting his hands on the referee.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-11-29_17-8-54.png

:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I guess I'll be invested now, but won't pretend that I've followed MLS since the last time the Revs made the finals.

I thought the Columbus Crew were supposed to move to Austin. And how long as Nashville had a team?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Hearing my guy Twellman clearly excited for my Revs was everything. He knows how important this is. One step closer to glory.

One step closer to a new stadium...perhaps?

Also, is Fagundez in the doghouse with Bruce? If so, that sucks. Hes been with us for so long.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I guess I'll be invested now, but won't pretend that I've followed MLS since the last time the Revs made the finals.

I thought the Columbus Crew were supposed to move to Austin. And how long as Nashville had a team?

Columbus owner sold to the Cleveland Browns owner and was given an expansion team in Austin starting next year

Nashville is an expansion team this year

Reactions: McGarnagle

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Gyasi Zardes had a goal and an assist four minutes apart in extra time as the Columbus Crew defeated visiting Nashville SC 2-0 in an Eastern Conference semifinal on Sunday.

Zardes set up Pedro Santos in the 99th minute and scored off a pass from Luis Diaz in the 103rd against the seventh-seeded expansion team.
The third-seeded Crew host No. 8 New England in the conference final on Dec. 6.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
No score about 20 minutes in.

Columbus has been the much better team to this point. They're playing much faster and with much more urgency.

Revs need to step their game up or it will only be a matter of time before the Crew find a goal or two.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Halftime: Columbus 0-0 New England

Not a great first half performance from the Revs. Did a little too much defending, and didn't have many chances moving forward. Another game where halftime adjustments could be very meaningful.

Reactions: Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad