Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team II - New York City wins the MLS Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I've never heard of Nations League or how it's different than the Gold Cup, so I'm not sure if this is prestigious at all. Looks like it was an exciting game though and it's always good to beat Mexico.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site

giphy.gif

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Incredibly scary situation. My thoughts are with Christian and his teammates.

I've actually experienced something like that before when I lost a lacrosse teammate when I was in middle school. He just collapsed out of nowhere during practice. It's the most traumatizing thing I've experienced in my life. The feeling of helplessness. I don't know how anyone in that game will be able to play again.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
For what it's worth, there are pictures circulating on Twitter that appear to show Eriksen awake as he was being stretchered off the pitch.
I hope that he's ok but I am leery of pictures because we only see a split second in time if that makes sense.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Man, this happens in soccer like every other year. I still remember when Marc Vivian Foe died on the field.

Glad that Eriksen is okay.

On that note, I used to love EURO but it's hard to get into it this year after the pandemic delays and such. And half the games start at 6 AM here. I'll try to watch that Germany-France match (that group is staaacked) on Monday or Tuesday, then maybe get into it more intently for the knockouts. I'm actually more excited for Copa America next week.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Watching it live, seeing Eriksen's eyes basically frozen and them doing chest compressions...I absolutely thought he was dead. I didn't think they were equipped to handle what was going on. Thankfully they got the job done in time. Can't believe ESPN didn't cut away sooner rather than showing the whole thing unfold.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Watching it live, seeing Eriksen's eyes basically frozen and them doing chest compressions...I absolutely thought he was dead.
He was.

Danish FA confirmed this morning that Eriksen suffered a cardiac arrest. For all intents and purposes, he was dead, and the medical staff brought him back.

Doc: Eriksen suffered cardiac arrest, 'was gone'

Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen was "gone" before he was resuscitated after suffering a cardiac arrest, the team's doctor, Morten Boesen, said in a news conference Sunday.

Eriksen, 29, is in a stable condition after he was taken to a hospital in Copenhagen on Saturday after he collapsed on the pitch during Denmark's Euro 2020 opener against Finland.

"He was gone, and we did cardiac resuscitation. It was a cardiac arrest," Boesen said. "How close were we [to losing Eriksen]? I don't know.

"We got him back after one defibrillator, so that's quite fast. I'm not a cardiologist, so the details I will leave to the experts at the hospital."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad