MLS&E Executive decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNOT

Nov 8, 2011
They have decided that due to the profitability of the current hockey team, that no changes are needed. However they will write a new letter of apology to the fans for missing the playoffs. This letter will be released the week before Christmas in a stunning example of honesty.

Anyone really think Bell or Rogers or MLSE really care about the performance of this team. Because if they do they really have an odd way of showing it.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
They have decided that due to the profitability of the current hockey team, that no changes are needed. However they will write a new letter of apology to the fans for missing the playoffs. This letter will be released the week before Christmas in a stunning example of honesty.

Anyone really think Bell or Rogers or MLSE really care about the performance of this team. Because if they do they really have an odd way of showing it.

liewikies giving nonis a 5 year extension after nonis made hardly any moves was insane. I dont think MLSE really cares about winning.

GNOT

Nov 8, 2011
is this thread for real??

Yes, after 40 years of watching this team I cannot believe the state of this team. The Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, LA Lakers, all the elite franchise of their league. None of them have such a sad record. As the big franchise of the NHL, we are inferior in results to every other team. I wish we had the history of even the Tampa Bay. Only in the eyes of Leaf nation are we any good. Like a quasi religion our fan base just ignores reality. Because they beleaf one day we will reach the promise land.

Our owners don't care, they are already thrilled with the results they get. Profits.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
The only reason Rogers even invested in MLSE was to get the TV rights for all the NHL in Canada

McGuiresMonsters

Oct 31, 2011
Toronto
Yes, after 40 years of watching this team I cannot believe the state of this team. The Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, LA Lakers, all the elite franchise of their league. None of them have such a sad record. As the big franchise of the NHL, we are inferior in results to every other team. I wish we had the history of even the Tampa Bay. Only in the eyes of Leaf nation are we any good. Like a quasi religion our fan base just ignores reality. Because they beleaf one day we will reach the promise land.

Our owners don't care, they are already thrilled with the results they get. Profits.

None of these teams are elite right now. And the Cowboys haven't been a contender for over a decade.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London

And if they make the playoffs they get MORE profits. Yea, I think if they care about money, they'll care about playoffs. Think about they money they could make off of all the crap that would come with winning it all?

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
The Leafs winning the Stanley Cup is the best money grab ever. The Leafs make the playoffs and all the closet fans come out. You win the Cup and everyone then new fans come aboard. Big picture folks.

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
We're 2 points back of 2nd in the division with 55 games to play. Seems a little early to jump off the bandwagon.

And if anyone thinks that Rogers/Bell don't care if the Leafs win because "they're already profitable" are oblivious. They didn't come to be telecom giants simply by accepting that as long as they're making a decent profit, then there's no need to expand or improve. Sure there's no risk of the team folding if we're not winning (unlike say Phoenix, New Jersey, Florida, etc.), but every owner's first and foremost goal is to maximize the return on their investment. A successful team means more playoff games, more ticket sales, more concession sales, more merchandise sales, better TV ratings, etc. There's literally no reason for Rogers/Bell to try and maintain the status quo of a losing team...that's simply a poor business strategy. And for every negative thing people have to say about them, having a poor business strategy is definitely not a common one.

K19*

OTPP and Bell/Rogers. Winners.

But that's business, what'd you expect? Charlie Sheen would say it ain't what it ain't.

It's why the Leafs, Jays, and Raptors have been awful for so long, from a fan's POV. Profit takes priority over winning, or competing for a championship. And that's perfectly normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad