MLS - 2024 Season

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What part do you disagree with? Respectfully, I mean where on the totem pole would you put MLS when you probably already have Peacock/ESPN/Paramount/etc.? Which are showing much better games; and much more variety of games/sports?
Personally I don’t have paramount I use the Hulu package with ESPN+ and stuff and then get Peacock for free with my internet. MLS fascinates me because of the roster building aspect and anyone could be good or bad. I also find the PL to be pretentious I guess. Not the right word but y’all gatekeep shit so much around here when it comes to the PL or other leagues. It’s exhausting. Personally I watch PL a little bit when I’m drinking coffee in the morning and then MLS the rest of the time.

The MLS 360 content is some of the best whip around coverage I’ve seen (outside of Red zone). The analysts they have are top notch.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
What part do you disagree with? Respectfully, I mean where on the totem pole would you put MLS when you probably already have Peacock/ESPN/Paramount/etc.? Which are showing much better games; and much more variety of games/sports?
I see it as worth it just to tie me through May-August with basically no other footballing options, though I also have the luxury of being able to have all 4 platforms at a time. I'd still probably prioritize it over at least Peacock though, not least of which because the "top" games each weekend are almost never on the platform anyway. I think Apple has done a good job with overall with production and announcing and really appreciate a league finally ditching bullshit regional blackouts.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
if St. Louis hasn't considered building a statue of Roman Burki yet, they should start it now. Galaxy could've had 5+ goals if it weren't for him. Absolutely wild game.

Galaxy may be undefeated, but all of their draws could've been wins. Got to close out these games.

Reactions: Terry Yake

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Catching up on some of the weekends action....What the heck happened in Chicago? Looked like one of the wildest games in league history lol.

Reactions: Gecklund

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Catching up on some of the weekends action....What the heck happened in Chicago? Looked like one of the wildest games in league history lol.

For those that missed it here is the winning goal. The wind was so bad it pushed it a good 30 yards further than he aimed and about 20 yards sidewards. A player took a penalty earlier in the game and the wind was moving the ball from the spot (like it was a football being blown off the holder)

• Wow
Reactions: DaveG

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Seattle have been absolutely terrible. I get it injuries and such. Ruidiaz finally looks creative this year but he continues taking stupid shots outside the box to kill off any chances. Jordan Morris is just terrible. Dude is big and fast and everyone thought he was good. Really he’s just dumb as hell. Atencio looks good but again decision making isn’t good. Nouhou also very dumb offensively but he always has been. They need to spend big money on a striker in the summer if they want any chance at the playoffs never mind a trophy.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
WYsESqw.png

STOP THE COUNT

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Our being in 5th is actually even more impressive when you realize we've played 4 of 6 on the road and that both the draws were games we absolutely deserved to win.
something something evil refs at charlotte game mutter mutter would be in the lead grumble growl

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Red Bulls are legit Cup contenders this season if Tolkin stays in the summer window.
I was going to reply with something like "we're repeating and there's nothing you can do to stop us" but I'm too mystified and worried about whatever the hell is going on with Cucho to be sufficiently confident.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
BS penalty aside, pathetic effort by LAG tonight. puig especially played like dogshit

mccarthy should've been rewarded with at least a point for how well he played

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
BS penalty aside, pathetic effort by LAG tonight. puig especially played like dogshit

mccarthy should've been rewarded with at least a point for how well he played

The PK call was incredibly stupid and I think LAFC should've had at least one of their players sent off, but honestly we did not play well at all. Puig might've played his worst game for us and Paintsil and Pec did nothing. Add in playing a midfielder at CB and that's the result you get.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Columbus beat Monterrey at home in the first leg of the Concacaf semifinal. Nancy continues to build a resume as the best manager in MLS. Kind of crazy he really only got a chance at an MLS job because Henry bailed on Montreal just before the season started a few years ago.

Also, watched the Galaxy for this first time this season this past weekend, there offseason moves have completely changed that team.

Reactions: Viqsi

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Indianapolis building a soccer specific stadium and their mayor pretty much hinted they are getting a MLS team in the next few years (don’t think they are going through all this for nothing or simply for a MLS Next Pro team). This will essentially kill their USL team Indy Eleven

Tampa and Detroit are also interested following a meeting with Garber

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Akinola on the out. One of those players i was so high on when he broke into the scene. He had looks from European clubs at 21/22 and I thought he would for sure take the step. Now he is barely MLS level:

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Indianapolis building a soccer specific stadium and their mayor pretty much hinted they are getting a MLS team in the next few years (don’t think they are going through all this for nothing or simply for a MLS Next Pro team). This will essentially kill their USL team Indy Eleven

Tampa and Detroit are also interested following a meeting with Garber
The next few months are going to be very nasty between the Indy Eleven and the city, especially as MLS doesn't even have to accept the offer. I won't be surprised if the Eleven fold this year out of spite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad