MLS 2016 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Just want to say something...the refereeing in MLS is the most horrible in all of pro sports I've ever seen only on par with WWF referees. Most refs seem scared and or very incompetent. They don't understand the game at all and have no idea of what is gamesmanship.They have no consistency and no logic in their handling of cards and all the rest...Don't they watch games sometimes on tv around the world too see how it's done? It's no rocket science. I know many 18 years old referees men and women who could ref most mls games miles better than those clowns.

Now this I would agree with 100 percent.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
At least one match per week gets ruined by some incomprehensible ref decision

The development system for refs in North America is hilariously bad.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
This game needed a goal, Powers <3

****ing MacMath

Last edited:

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Miami Beckham United acquires land needed for new Miami soccer stadium

Miami Beckham United (MBU) announced on Thursday that the group has purchased land needed to build a stadium for a prospective MLS expansion team in the Overtown neighborhood of Miami.

“We have the right site, the right ownership group, and a loyal base of fans counting down the days until our first match,†Claure said in the statement. “We’re all-in on Overtown, and we couldn’t be more excited about moving forward with plans to deliver the most responsible stadium in Miami history.â€

The land acquired consists of two private properties with a size of approximately six acres, representing two-thirds of the projected nine-acre site, according to a Miami Herald report.

I still haven't heard of these loyal base of fans in Miami.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Miami Beckham United would be a funny name for a team. Kinda like Miami Barcelona.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
That's good, I think they have games on ESPN3 as well. I wish that Hartford team came into fruition though, would be a perfect NASL market.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
NASL should focus on the markets that MLS is not targeting like Hartford.

Completely agree. Can't understand for the life of me why they went into Miami, OKC and probably Chicago (though I think that one could work). Getting San Francisco was a start though, as MLS will never go there with the Quakes in San Jose.

Places like Hartford, Albuquerque, El Paso and/or Austin etc. should be where NASL looks to expand.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Completely agree. Can't understand for the life of me why they went into Miami, OKC and probably Chicago (though I think that one could work). Getting San Francisco was a start though, as MLS will never go there with the Quakes in San Jose.

Places like Hartford, Albuquerque, El Paso and/or Austin etc. should be where NASL looks to expand.

I think OKC will work but is not nearly big enough to support a high spending team like the cosmos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad