MLD 2011 Assassination Thread

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Just throwing it out there, does anyone think that Tanti should be my 2nd line LW ahead of Bodunov? 5x Top 24 in goals in the NHL in a competitive era on a crappy team is pretty impressive. Looking at all the 2nd line LWs on the teams, he might have the most impressive goalscoring resume as any 2nd line LW in the draft. He has a similar skillset to Bodunov and would be playing the same function on the line. I know it's rather late to be doing this, but I just thought of it now.

overpass

Jun 7, 2007
Coming to the Reibel discussion a little late...

Reibel played with Howe/Lindsay full time in 1953-54. And he was with Howe and either Lindsay or Kelly in 1955-56. But in 1954-55, his top scoring season, he played with a number of different linemates.

Players who he collaborated on with EV points in that season:

Gordie Howe 11
Marcel Bonin 11
Ted Lindsay 9
Bill Dineen 6
Johnny Wilson 5
Red Kelly 5
Lorne Davis 3
Bob Goldham 3
Marty Pavelich 2
Vic Stasiuk 2
Marcel Pronovost 2
Tony Leswick 1

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
what categories?

MLD2011 rankings and all-star votes are now due.

Submit rankings for the Mickey Ion division to BiLLY_ShOE1721 only - not to me.

Submit rankings for the Sir Allan Montagu Division (your division) only to me.

Please vote for your team in first place in your division. This is your reward for voting.

If you are a co-GM, you can still vote, but your team will only get one first place vote. both co-GMs of a team can, however, submit their own fully-weighted votes for the below:

------------------------------------

Please send to both me and BiLLY_ShOE1721 the following (all in order because the lists will be weighted):

- Your 10 favourite top-6 forwards in the draft.

- Your 10 favourite bottom-6 forwards in the draft

- Your 10 favourite defensemen in the draft.

- Your 5 favourite goalies in the draft

- Your 5 favourite coaches in the draft

- 5 spares or assistant/associate coaches who will make the most impact

- your 5 least-favourite picks of the draft (any position)

Do not vote for any of your own selections.

Full all-star rosters will be compiled using the aggregate votes. This is gonna be awesome

hope to hear from you soon.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I'll get to it tomorrow. Had a friend who died (seventies can read my status for legitimacy). The funeral is tomorrow.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
due to chaos' situation I will be holding back the results and waiting for his votes, provided they don't take too long. also waiting for a few extra votes from vecens24, (who voted for some of his own players, whoops!)

Reen, Selfish Man, Stone/mark, and reds/jkrx haven't yet been heard from, so I'll send reminder messages.

I would love to post some award candidates but don't want to have any influence on voting, so I'll wait.

I will say that the "least favourite picks" category has been interesting. two things I have noticed are that although 37 players have received at least one vote, just eight have received two, and just three have received three. Also, GMs are much more willing to say "I know this player, and he sucks", than "Never heard of the guy, so he sucks." A few completely off-the-board picks have gone unscathed.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'm gonna vote today , please wait for me sorry for the wait.

I didn't had the free time I thought I would have this week.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
when you guys say ''favorite top 6 player'' or whatever , is it really ''favorite'' or best?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Well , this might take a week then lol

I will do my best right away because I don't really have that much time.

I sent the ranking votes already , just have to rank players now.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Well , this might take a week then lol

I will do my best right away because I don't really have that much time.

I sent the ranking votes already , just have to rank players now.

Just to down the roster and pick a couple from each team. Then at the end, eliminate the weak ones.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I am waiting for chaos' vote - it is needed in order to break a tie. And I don't just mean in the all-star voting.

at this point, a vote from stoneberg and/or mark would do the trick. We have to get moving.

reen, I still want bottom-6 forwards 3 through 10 from you in the meantime.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
just talked to chaos on facebook... he's still tied up. wanted to know which teams were tied so he could be the tiebreaker, but that wouldn't be fair. I'm really sorry about the delay here, but I have to break this tie somehow, and we're missing votes from four GMs that I was pretty sure would vote. We just need one of them to check in, and we're good to go.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
just talked to chaos on facebook... he's still tied up. wanted to know which teams were tied so he could be the tiebreaker, but that wouldn't be fair. I'm really sorry about the delay here, but I have to break this tie somehow, and we're missing votes from four GMs that I was pretty sure would vote. We just need one of them to check in, and we're good to go.

You could get somebody like LF or jarek to come in and break it.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
jkrx voted overnight, so we have results. I will release the standings for the Montagu Allan division right now, and the other division will be released just as soon as Billy confirms what jkrx's ballot looked like.

all-star results will come a little later in the day. Anyone who wants to start creating series threads can do so. It will be 2v7, 3v6, and 4v5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad