OT: MLB Thread XIV: Opening Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't know if you can create a 95 MPH slider in MLB The Show. Like last year, you couldn't set a splitter above 92 or something (Familia). Just crazy.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I'm not too worried either, but my biggest fear going into this season was that Grandy would look more like his 2014 than his 2015. SSS and whatnot but his start definitely has me a little wary.

*Bob Richards*

I'll be at this one tonight. Thor vs. Fernandez is going to be awesome.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Love me some Logan Verrett. If Wheeler comes back and pitches to even half of his potential, it becomes a lot easier to trade Harvey down the road.

BarbaraAlphanse

Love me some Logan Verrett. If Wheeler comes back and pitches to even half of his potential, it becomes a lot easier to trade Harvey down the road.

I think Harvey needs to return you a CF and 3b. Studs at both positions. And a stud SP that's far along down the line. Noah was in single A when he came for dickey. Wilmer B was even farther away.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I think Harvey needs to return you a CF and 3b. Studs at both positions. And a stud SP that's far along down the line. Noah was in single A when he came for dickey. Wilmer B was even farther away.

RA Dickey was never Matt Harvey. I just can't see them repeating a 40 year old mistake.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I'm not sure what Harvey would command in a trade but how likely would it include a cost controlled superstar hitter?

Edit: I had a hard time finding this thread. Can a mod make this an OT thread?

darko

Feb 16, 2009

You are not going to get 3 studs for Harvey.

2 regulars and blue chipper.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Mets offense is rounding into form. You have to expect Grandy and TDA to at least pick it up a little bit soon, and they'll hopefully have it going by the time David is off of this start of the season rampage. Yoenis (who shouldn't be playing so much CF) and Conforto are monster hitters, Asdrubal looks good, and Duda/Walker have come to life over the last week.

Regressions from Dubs, Asdrubal, and (hopefully not too significantly) Conforto will be offset by TDA, Duda and hopefully Grandy getting better.

If Harvey can get back on the horse the pitching is untouchable too. Noah looks like the best non-Kershaw pitcher in MLB right now.

Nats started scorching hot but have lost to the Phils and Marlins the last few days. Mets only 3 games down, and the Nats play the Cards,Royals, Cubs and Tigers before they meet with the Mets in the middle of May for the first time. Those'll be some must watch beisbol games, i'm excited already thinking about how fun it'll be.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
So which scout said Neil Walker can't hit lefties? And, the 3rd spot in the lineup is now Conforto's permanent home. The Mets sure do like hitting at Citizen's Bank Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad