OT: MLB Thread Part XX: Title incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
An ump in the Mets game called a guy safe, because he didn't know it was a force out! The call was fixed.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
Signing Morton for $14 mil for 2 years was brilliant.

The Dark Knight is pitching on the very end of the rubber tonight. How much will he get as a FA?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Numbers don't lie.

Charlie Morton's don't lie. He did however show flashes of how good he could be 4-5 years ago in Pittsburgh.

There is nothing wrong with Cole's numbers. Pitcher who just entered his prime is living up to his potential. Verlander's demise has been greatly exaggerated. Verlander is also sporting a ridiculous BABIP. His ERA will catch up to his xFIP.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Charlie Morton's don't lie. He did however show flashes of how good he could be 4-5 years ago in Pittsburgh.

There is nothing wrong with Cole's numbers. Pitcher who just entered his prime is living up to his potential. Verlander's demise has been greatly exaggerated. Verlander is also sporting a ridiculous BABIP. His ERA will catch up to his xFIP.

Not those numbers. The 2 of us were driving the Cole train this winter.

The spin rate shit is what I'm talking about. Every single one of those guys have seen a massive increase in those numbers since getting to Houston. So either they have the greatest pitching coach ever to step foot on this planet or they on dat sticky icky.

I'm going with option #2. Even if their pitching coach is great, not everyone is going to take to his instruction that well.

Reactions: Machinehead

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Kinda tin foil hat-ish to think Houston is somehow doctoring the ball with a foreign substance to increase grip strength to subsequently increase how fast they can spin a four seamer.

I'm not even sure the premise is valid and if it can be proven that getting more grip leads to more spin?

Spin rate is so complex but Astros are the pioneers of big data and analytics. So if there's one team that might know how to unlock it, it probably would be them.

Velocity, finger length, biomechanics, release point, arm slot etc all play a factor. Again, if there's one org that might glean anything from those factors it's them.

You'd have to be a pitching connersoir and expert and go back and really look at gametape of Cole with Pit vs HOU and see if you can glean anything.

200 isn't a huge difference but enough of one. Let's his fastball ride up in the zone a little bit longer.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Wilmer Flores might literally be the most clutch hitter in Mets history.

I'm not making any kind of joke either. There is a real possibility.

Walter t

Mar 12, 2018
I appreciate the reminder.
However, the prop was not defeated, only requires modification.
Instead of draft picks, just say 'prospects acceptable to Yankees' or similarly acceptable wording.

Don't see why, and it was shocker to see the content removed.

Remember, the core of this is Severino for Trout.
That is a fair conversation to have.

Anyhoo, ob la di, ob la da...
Sorry don't mean to be too harsh it's just that there are so many moving pieces. If you could make a couple of Jrry DiPoto clones and put him in charge of the teams it could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad