OT: MLB Thread - Part XVI: Come On. Do Something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
OPS is slugging + on base and Gardner does only one of them well. His OBP is almost 100 points higher than his BA. Others have driven in more runs but RBIs is a stupid stat.

My body temperature is almost 100 points higher than his batting average.

Does a pedestrian OBP become good just because it's significantly higher than a poor BA?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
My body temperature is almost 100 points higher than his batting average.

Does a pedestrian OBP become good just because it's significantly higher than a poor BA?

Yes and no. It shows he can get on base others ways apart from getting a hit. Also batting average is very volatile. Difference between. 250 and .270 hitter over 600 at bats is about 11-12 ground balls. Tiny bit of luck and they go through.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yes and no. It shows he can get on base others ways apart from getting a hit. Also batting average is very volatile. Difference between. 250 and .270 hitter over 600 at bats is about 11-12 ground balls. Tiny bit of luck and they go through.

That's true.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Duda is finally a UFA and will be 32 next season. He's going to want a long term contract and given his injury history I pass. Maybe he'd have taken the 1 year $18 million QO if he stayed but we'll never know.

Both Duda and Murphy will get complete short bus deals from some moron team. I'm almost sure Murphy is not on the Nats in 2019 unless he accepts 3 years. If he wants 4 or 5 they're gonna let him walk. Especially if Harper comes back. You're more than fine with Turner Harper Rendon and Zimmerman in that lineup. Duda will get a bad 5 year deal from some bad AL team. Some have speculated Philly will go after him but I think he ends up in the AL

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I actually think his skill level is on point. He got to the majors while not being in optimal physical shape. I believe when he gets there, he could take off.

His swing mechanics bother me. He seems to not shift his weight correctly. Almost like he keeps too much of his weight behind and doesn't shift it forward as he has only minimal forward step into his swing. It seems like if he puts more of his body into his swing he could be a huge power hitter. He also is classic Mike Piazza or Todd Zeile in that he literally watches the first pitch fastball down the middle every single at bat.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Someone just asked me when the last Met road and home CG losses were for a pitcher since deGrom was 2 outs away from one tonight. Can't find the road one but last home one was 1993 LOL. They've had some very non economical pitchers I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad