OT: MLB Thread 2024

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Suddenly the Mets are back to .500.
They're doing the thing where they give me hope just to take it away later.

In fairness, they probably should be about a .500 team. There's some good pieces; I just don't think there's nearly enough starting pitching.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Say Hey Kid

They met at the crossroads.
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
2. New York Yankees, 12-5

"A wildly popular and productive super-utility player as a rookie in 2022, Oswaldo Cabrera’s bat cratered in 2023, leaving his place on the depth chart in question. Then DJ LeMahieu’s foot injury opened the door for significant playing time at third base for Cabrera, and he has been one of New York’s most productive hitters so far. Look for him to get an even more consistent run moving forward, with veteran Jon Berti recently hitting the injured list due to a groin strain". MLB Power Rankings: Braves, Yankees surge to the top, followed by Dodgers, Orioles, Brewers

Cabrera is hitting .294 with 3 dingers and an .869 OPS.

Say Hey Kid

They met at the crossroads.
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

Sandy Koufax, Bert Blyleven, Dwight Gooden, Satchel Paige, Nolan Ryan, Mike Cuellar,
Jerry Koosman, Bob Feller, Clayton Kershaw.

I was going to post this before. The cause of pitcher injuries is guys throwing as hard as possible on every pitch. That's throwing, not pitching, and it's not the best way to get hitters out. Gimme pitchers with great breaking balls like the ones listed above. Gimme a ground ball to short double play over a strikeout. Pitching is an art, not throwing as hard as possible every pitch.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1713499019443.png

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Mets City Connect uniforms are out and they're --- somehow not terrible? Don't love the cap but the jerseys are pretty tight.

View attachment 855146

View attachment 855148
I was not a fan of what I saw initially but today seeing the whole thing I think they're really good. They look excellent with the white pants.

Good explainer on the whole getup:

Also, loved this video. Particularly the part about your Colombian coffee coming from an Egyptian guy in a Greek cup:

Reactions: clmetsfan

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Had a friend in town from Houston (i live in the dc/balt area) so we went to nats/stros last night.

There was a group of maybe a dozen young teen boys there, cheering on their team it was great, we were in the right field seats right up on the wall, basically where the netting ends.

In the bottom of the ninth, nats down 2, they get 2 runners on with 1 out and the boys are all standijg and cheering.

An usher appears and tells them they have to sit down, they are blocking people. I push back. “They are right in front of me, and i am fine with it. If they want to see the home team bat in the bottomr of the ninth with the tying run on first they can stand up too. This is what fans do at games. When else are they suppoosed to stand?”

A (totally unrelated) family right behind were pointing at me, “this guy’s right,” but the usher continued to suck. I shouted back at him over the whole section as he left “you, sir, are a wet blanket!”

Anyway i think my new nickname is wet blanket 😂

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey

How do these clowns continue to have jobs? Guaranteed no consequences will come from this.

Anyways, what's the record for most times shutout in a season? Yankees are serious about breaking that record, methinks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad