OT: MLB Thread 2024

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Why would you manage your bullpen so that Diaz is available against the Reds but not the Braves?

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Why would you manage your bullpen so that Diaz is available against the Reds but not the Braves?
Isn't conventional wisdom you use your top relievers if they're available and it's a close winnable game, because who knows if tomorrow is just going to be a blowout?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Isn't conventional wisdom you use your top relievers if they're available and it's a close winnable game, because who knows if tomorrow is just going to be a blowout?
Is it? That might assume that all games are equal. But I think division games are more important, especially against teams you want to compete against for the division title.

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
If Lopez is considered good enough to close vs the braves he is good enough to close vs the reds.
It wasn’t a matter of him being good enough. Considering the short handed bullpen it was more like ‘He can stand upright and throw a baseball’.

The Braves were making brutally hard contact against him. I’d love to know the xBA on those fly outs.

Mets got lucky but it’s sometimes better to be lucky than good.

Reactions: Bob Richards

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
It wasn’t a matter of him being good enough. Considering the short handed bullpen it was more like ‘He can stand upright and throw a baseball’.

The Braves were making brutally hard contact against him. I’d love to know the xBA on those fly outs.

Mets got lucky but it’s sometimes better to be lucky than good.

Lmfao I was bracing myself during that. Everything was coming off the bat like a f***ing rocket.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Mets looking good early this afternoon. Is it a rubber game if it's a four game series and one of the games is postponed?

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Seriously, what did they feed Baty this offseason?

The Mets being an 80 win team with some exciting youth makes the summer much more tolerable.

Sep 19, 2008
John sterling addressing his health soon

man has been a staple of summer nights for a long time. if this is it enjoy retirement bud

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The Yankees offense continues to be trash. They need the Martian back and some trade deadline acquisitions if they want to compete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad