MLB The Show 22 (PS4, PS5, Xbox 1, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Hitting feels whack again.

Hitting anything in the lower corners feel impossible with what they changed PCI wise. Even flicking the PCI to that spot It feels like something is preventing me from squaring up the ball and it ends up chopped. Thought it was the PCI anchor. Stopped using it, same problem.

And then, it seems like you get hosed too. Hit a couple balls today on the inside of the zone with good timing (early side) and squared up...died a little bit past first base. Meanwhile this aashat gets three bloop singles in a row.

I'm not dealing with this again lol.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This hitting engine is worse than last year.

- Why is it that anything outside the strike zone an insta out? I'm not taking stuff feet off the plate, I'm talking stuff like cutters skimming the top of the zone or sinkers down low. I squared up a cutter with good timing just above the top of the zone (still squared up) with 100 power Acuna and it dies before the wall. If I can square it up, I should be rewarded for it.

- off PCI/very late timing hits is still very much a thing. I felt so bad. Beat a guy 2-0 with 4 really bad hits (2 of which I shouldn't even swung at) and they got through. This guy had probably at least 4 really well hit balls that either died in the outfield or right to one of my defenders. Absolutely brutal way to lose and I wasn't even him.

- too many damn foul offs. I don't care who you are, no major leaguer is getting the end of his bat on a change up that touches the dirt

Can't wait for them to not do anything about it like how they left the game last year.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Oh, stamina never draining is back. Turns out tweaking it for 3 inning games actually meant l pitchers.

Knew something was off when Kuchiel was at 80 pitches and still in the green for me.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Oh, stamina never draining is back. Turns out tweaking it for 3 inning games actually meant l pitchers.

Knew something was off when Kuchiel was at 80 pitches and still in the green for me.
Apparently stamina drain is based off your input. If you get perfect pitches out of pinpoint, your stamina will drain less and if you make non perfect pitches, it drains more. I get that they want to reward good mechanics but not at the expense of 130+ plus pitches being about to be thrown imo. Now, in saying that, I haven't played online this year yet so I have no idea how balanced this is.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
The perks/buffs I have for each loadout are not activating. In RTTS I play 2B/CP.
When I start a series against a team and the first game has me playing 2B, my perks/buffs are active. However, when i end up playing a game in that same series as a CP (and yes i do select the CP loadout) my pitcher is essentially default stats wise. I'm throwing 86mph when i should be at 95+. Anyone know how I can get around this?

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
This is my first year playing anything other than RTTS. That mode has been gutted and left alone for far too long now.

DD is fun but pack luck can be a pain. I despise everything about these ultimate team modes but at least it appears MLB is the least predatory when it comes to no money spent. There is also no point in playing any of the events because the rewards are easily obtainable in a shorter period of time by flipping and spamming mini seasons. Not to mention its less stressful.

The hitting feels really off. I can perfect perfect a ball and it's a line out to center field, next batter I miss the PCI and its over the fence. SDS says "that's baseball" but that to me doesn't translate very well to a video game.

edit: The new Xbox controllers are complete trash. Bought a $30 power A controller and can actually use pinpoint now.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Those collection requirements are absurd.

Forget not getting it day 1, most people won't be able to finish that by October with how stingy SDS now

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Ultimate team modes are up there with F2P FPS games with how bad they are for the gaming community. Even if they're not actively steering you into spending money you have to play all the time or your team is behind. Grind grind grind, play for hours every single day.

I'm surprised SDS or NBA 2K hasn't tried a "GM Connected" equivalent yet. It was only done once in NHL 13 and it was buggy but very fun if done correctly. It'd work so well for baseball especially since you can play DD with friends online now anyway

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I tried one game of the ultimate team thing and ended up playing against some guy who had Troy Glaus, Juan Soto and Babe Ruth in his lineup vs my team where my best position player was Eduardo Escobar. After that I tried the battle royale mode which would actually be pretty cool if they just let you set your lineup anywhere other than the pre-game start screen but not being able to do that drove me insane.

Online ranked is fun though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad