MLB The Show 17

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
This will be the first time I bought The Show in quite a while. Apparently some really good changes are coming. Looking forward in trying Diamond Dynasty for the first time as well. Also, my favorite player of all time is on the cover, so naturally I have to get it lol.

Release date: 3-28

mlb-the-show-17-box-art_1524.jpg

Last edited:

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Very excited about this game too. In my opinion The Show is easily one of the best games out there and next to NBA 2k for my favorite sports series.

I've mostly just played Road to the Show in the past, but I think I'll give Franchise mode a really long look this year.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Very excited about this game too. In my opinion The Show is easily one of the best games out there and next to NBA 2k for my favorite sports series.

I've mostly just played Road to the Show in the past, but I think I'll give Franchise mode a really long look this year.

Same, I'm gonna really commit to the 3 main modes this year. (Franchise, RTTS, DD)

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Same, I'm gonna really commit to the 3 main modes this year. (Franchise, RTTS, DD)

Diamond Dynasty is fun, but I feel like it requires far too much energy to really play to its fullest potential. I gave it a try in 16 and it seems very in depth which is nice but as I said, to be able to really play it for what it's meant to be I think it takes away too much time from Franchise and RTTS which are my bread and butter.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Diamond Dynasty is fun, but I feel like it requires far too much energy to really play to its fullest potential. I gave it a try in 16 and it seems very in depth which is nice but as I said, to be able to really play it for what it's meant to be I think it takes away too much time from Franchise and RTTS which are my bread and butter.

I usually only play in the playoffs in Franchise as I sim the regular season but RTTS does take up a lot of time. How valuable are stubs in these 3 modes? If I remember correctly you can earn them in any mode as well?

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I usually only play in the playoffs in Franchise as I sim the regular season but RTTS does take up a lot of time. How valuable are stubs in these 3 modes? If I remember correctly you can earn them in any mode as well?

You can earn stubs in any mode, but DD is where you can earn them the quickest in an online game or working the market. You can use the stubs in DD to buy players/equipment/packs/ect. In franchise and RTTS you can use them to buy boosts for your player/franchise (extra exp, more budget, etc).

Also if you preordered you will get a free Griffey Rookie card for DD.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Same but mine is on the PS4, In my opinion the PS4 is worth it just to play MLB the show.

I've said this a bunch, but i switched to the PS4 specifically for the Show. I haven't regretted it. Last of Us and Uncharted were both brilliant as well. And just picked up Horizon tonight, hoping it's another home run.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I've said this a bunch, but i switched to the PS4 specifically for the Show. I haven't regretted it. Last of Us and Uncharted were both brilliant as well. And just picked up Horizon tonight, hoping it's another home run.

I did the same thing and I don't regret it either. The PS4 as a whole is just the better system in general in my opinion.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Such a reliably fantastic game year after year. It never disappoints. They keep what makes it great and just add some more good stuff on top of it. I'll play the **** out of it again this year and probably waste too much time working the market in DD but I don't care. It's just done so exceptionally well every single year bar none.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Such a reliably fantastic game year after year. It never disappoints. They keep what makes it great and just add some more good stuff on top of it. I'll play the **** out of it again this year and probably waste too much time working the market in DD but I don't care. It's just done so exceptionally well every single year bar none.

They have ruined online h2h in DD this year by making the handedness of the starting pitcher blind.

You have to roll into every game with the same lineup and just deal with it if your lefty bats can't hit lefties.

It's not baseball at all and its something they need to reverse.

That said I'm still getting the game and will probably still even play that mode because the game is so good and I honestly don't think this change lasts the first week of March.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Really? I have like 2000 games played and haven't noticed a single issue

I thought it ran poorly, lots of stutters and occasional frame drops. It runs better when I cut back on the presentation effects, but then it neuters the whole point IMO.

Compared to something like TLOU remastered, it was jarring the difference that two different Sony studios can get out of the same HW. The Show was one of the reasons I bought a PS4, but at the same time, the reason I didn't like like this gen that much, just seemed like the HW wasn't up to snuff with what devs where trying to do.

Of course, no other system has the Show, so...

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
They have ruined online h2h in DD this year by making the handedness of the starting pitcher blind.

You have to roll into every game with the same lineup and just deal with it if your lefty bats can't hit lefties.

It's not baseball at all and its something they need to reverse.

That said I'm still getting the game and will probably still even play that mode because the game is so good and I honestly don't think this change lasts the first week of March.

That seems more realistic to me. I would find it boring if I used a lineup full of lefties or righties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad