MLB season on hold. UPD: League and union agree to 60 game season, starting July 23

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
MLB has the chance to pretty much have the entire North American sporting landscape concentrated on them for an entire month before the NBA plans on re-starting, and they're haggling over games and pro-rated salaries. Wake up people.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
MLB has the possibility of a 16 team playoff temporarily for 2020 and 2021.

If MLB expands to 32 with 8 4-team divisions, I see the 16-team playoff being permanent - with 4 division winners and 4 wild cards in each league.

I also propose that division winners get stripped of their seeding priority. If a wild card team from one division has a better record than the champion of another division, then by all means it deserves the higher seed. The NBA has realized that division winners don't always deserve seeding priority. It's about time the other big 4 leagues realize this too.

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
MLB has the possibility of a 16 team playoff temporarily for 2020 and 2021.

If MLB expands to 32 with 8 4-team divisions, I see the 16-team playoff being permanent - with 4 division winners and 4 wild cards in each league.

I also propose that division winners get stripped of their seeding priority. If a wild card team from one division has a better record than the champion of another division, then by all means it deserves the higher seed. The NBA has realized that division winners don't always deserve seeding priority. It's about time the other big 4 leagues realize this too.

MLB's grand plan for 32 teams is to follow the NHL's model, 4 divisions of 8, West and Eastern "conferences" (one would be named National League, the other American League." Their plan is terrible, but that's their plan:

Expansion Could Trigger Realignment, Longer Postseason

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I'd personally like to see more cross-divisional play, but the leagues stay as they are.

I'm a White Sox fan, and I don't need to see them play 19 games against Detroit, KC, Cleveland, and Minnesota. I'd rather cut that to 12 and play Milwaukee, St. Louis, Cincy, and Pittsburgh 6 times a year.

This satisfies the league's desire to keep travel down and TV times good, while not ditching the 12 decade history of the 2 leagues altogether.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Manfred is such a garbage commissioner.

Between letting the Stros and Red Sox off easy, to demeaning the Commissioners Trophy to his horrendous performance the last week or two..... they need to find someone else.

This would have been the perfect time for the MLB to get their shit together but instead they may not even play this year + players are 99% going to strike next year when the CBA is up.

Reactions: Primary Assist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad