MLB regular season thread - Part XII - Another bat flip edition - Twins lose 100

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Bob Costas has an idea I like. Now if the #1 seed loses game 1 to the other team's non #1 starter they have to win 3 of 4 including 1 against the other team's #1 starter. His idea is that only in the first round of the playoffs there's a 2-2-3 format and the #1 seed gets 5 home games.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
That makes exactly ZERO sense. The format is fine as it is, stop trying to **** with it for no reason

Edit: I should say I didn't mean that towards Wrigley in any way, just Bob Costas haha

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Bob Costas has an idea I like. Now if the #1 seed loses game 1 to the other team's non #1 starter they have to win 3 of 4 including 1 against the other team's #1 starter. His idea is that only in the first round of the playoffs there's a 2-2-3 format and the #1 seed gets 5 home games.

Impossible because the first round is a best of five so you're essentially advocating for the top seed to have all home games which is just tremendously ridiculous.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
The wild card game either has to go or become 3 games. A 162 game season that's built on series' has a "playoff" decided by one game. It's ****ing stupid. All because they wanted to manufacture the drama of 2011 every season.

If they wanted more money they should have just made the first round 7 games.

Also the #1 seed shouldn't be playing the Wild Card no matter what, they should be playing the team with the least amount of wins.

Like the Cardinals reward for winning a 100 games last year was having to play a 97 win team in the first round while the 92 and 90 win teams played each other.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The wild card game either has to go or become 3 games. A 162 game season that's built on series' has a "playoff" decided by one game. It's ****ing stupid. All because they wanted to manufacture the drama of 2011 every season.

If they wanted more money they should have just made the first round 7 games.

Also the #1 seed shouldn't be playing the Wild Card no matter what, they should be playing the team with the least amount of wins.

Like the Cardinals reward for winning a 100 games last year was having to play a 97 win team in the first round while the 92 and 90 win teams played each other.

Depends on circumstances. Not every year you'll get a Wild Card team like those 97-win Cubs or the 99-win Angels of 2002.

Texas would have played Baltimore/Toronto regardless because they had a worse record than Cleveland/Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad