MLB regular season thread - Part XII - Another bat flip edition - Twins lose 100

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The funny part is when he threw the bat and I saw the outfielder running toward right center I was like oh good god, this is gonna be just one more **** you moment. But no finally, FINALLY the Mets got the storybook ending they should have had two other times in the last two nights.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Is there any doubt Asdrubal is getting drilled tomorrow?

I am sure ESPN will interview 75 former old school players and they will hate it. I am sure social media is probably going on and on about it. the EE batflip last year didn't bother me.
if he gets plunked tomorrow so be it. hit him in the ribs or something and get it done and over with. I just don't want to get into a stupid beaning war. no need to get guys hurt on either side by stupid crap.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
I am sure ESPN will interview 75 former old school players and they will hate it. I am sure social media is probably going on and on about it. the EE batflip last year didn't bother me. if he gets plunked tomorrow so be it. hit him in the ribs or something and get it done and over with. I just don't want to get into a stupid beaning war. no need to get guys hurt on either side by stupid crap.
Agreed with all this. Hitters don't cry when pitchers excessively celebrate.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I am sure ESPN will interview 75 former old school players and they will hate it. I am sure social media is probably going on and on about it. the EE batflip last year didn't bother me.
if he gets plunked tomorrow so be it. hit him in the ribs or something and get it done and over with. I just don't want to get into a stupid beaning war. no need to get guys hurt on either side by stupid crap.

Sometimes on a game winning walkoff you can get away with it and not see any retaliation. I don't see anything happening today since Hellickson is not a guy I see throwing at anyone

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The only team that will be in the playoffs that I can stomach is the Cubs. The rest I cant stand. Id prefer the AL Champion to win.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
At least it looks like there won't be another Giants/Cardinals NLCS. I want the Mets to miss.

Personally I'd like all of them to miss but feel like the Cards would probably give the Cubs the best run for their money so I very grudgingly would go for them. Then followed by Mets. then Giants.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
The only team that will be in the playoffs that I can stomach is the Cubs. The rest I cant stand. Id prefer the AL Champion to win.
The Tigers are my second favorite team so if the Cubs don't win, I'd be happy if the Tigers did.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Only other AL I would be OK with winning the WS would be Cleveland. Boston and Texas would feel gross. I don't particularly like or hate the O's (if they make it) but I guess Bautista has made them a rival now.

In the NL it has to LA or Nats or I will be sad.... so I will probably be sad.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
going to be another game where the Mets rely heavy on the bullpen. Matz has been scratched from his start and it is hopeful this isn't going to lead to him being shut down for the year. Gabriel Ynoa will start tonight. he pitched well his last start but could only go 4 2/3 against the Twins.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Since Snydergaard was tossed immediately when he hit Utley, I expect the Phillies pitcher to be tossed straight away if he throws at Cabrera tonight

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
The Cards lineup today makes me think Matheny is hopeful Maddon sees it early and decided that it's just a scrimmage and puts a bunch of Coghlan, LaStella, Seizure and whoever else isn't best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad