MLB regular season thread - Part XII - Another bat flip edition - Twins lose 100

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Monstah shot by Hanley to end the no no.

1-1.

Orioles are in. Tigers waste a leadoff double in the 8th.

Tulo singles home a run. 2-1 Jays in the 8th.

Indians won, so the only way there is a game in DET tomorrow is if Red Sox win this game.

Last edited:

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
A's eliminate Seattle from postseason contention and give Felix an L in his final start all within a 2-day span... what a time to be alive.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Detroit's season ended last Saturday by blowing versus Kansas City.

The mediocrity of the AL Wild Card kept them alive until today. Oh well..

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Braves nearly took down two teams that were in the run, the Mets and now the Tigers. Still think they are going to be an awful team next year, their starters are bad

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Giants actually look like they might be turning it around a bit. Mets and Giants should be a hell of a game to get to the Cubs.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Giants actually look like they might be turning it around a bit. Mets and Giants should be a hell of a game to get to the Cubs.

I'm glad the Giants will sit around for 3 days, because they are hot right now. They need to cool off.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Atlanta actually finished the season 11-2.

This is typical of bad teams relishing the role of spoiler. See it every year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Glad the Mets won four in a row just before the Cardinals and Giants did, at least we didn't have to play for anything today and could hold Thor back :laugh:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
9th inning meltdown just secured Cincy the 2nd pick if TB hangs on. Would have been 5th otherwise, I think. Wow.

2 on for Boston.

Grounder ends it. Jays host Orioles Tuesday. Tillman vs Stroman or Liriano or Estrada on 3 days rest. I'd go Liriano.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Glad the Mets won four in a row just before the Cardinals and Giants did, at least we didn't have to play for anything today and could hold Thor back :laugh:

Bumgarner vs Thor. What a matchup. I just hope Terry doesn't put his lefty lineup in because we will lose. For the love of god Terry play your A lineup.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Bumgarner vs Thor. What a matchup. I just hope Terry doesn't put his lefty lineup in because we will lose. For the love of god Terry play your A lineup.

The problem is the lefty lineup IS the A lineup. How much different can it really be? At this point six guys play every day and both catchers are RH. Should they put in Eric Campbell for Duda/Loney? Lagares has barely played, he can't really play over any of the outfielders. Flores is done thanks to stupidity.

Reyes 3B
Cabrera SS
Cespedes LF
Granderson CF
Rivera 2B
Bruce RF
Duda 1B
Rivera C

It's not even as left-handed as it's made out to be, it's just three of their power hitters are lefty and Cabrera's not a big HR hitter from the right side. Hopefully the three day break does Ces some good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad