MLB regular season thread - Part XI - Twins have lost 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Gary Sanchez is absolutely insane. 2 hr 5 RBI tonight, 4 straight games with a homer.

At this rate I don't see how he doesn't win AL ROY.

Baseball writers, that's how. The dinosaurs voting for these awards won't pick a guy who has only played ~60 games by season's end

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Baseball writers, that's how. The dinosaurs voting for these awards won't pick a guy who has only played ~60 games by season's end

Honestly the only real competition at this point is Fulmer, who's struggled down the stretch though his overall numbers are still very good.

I wouldn't neccesarily give it to a guy that's played less than half a season either, but this season could be an outlier.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
The competition is pretty weak this year but I have a hard time believing the voters will go for a guy with that small of a track record. Hell I'd be surprised if he finishes top 3

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Good thing for the Mets is their remaining schedule is relaxed. Marlins 3x and Phillies 7x

yeah because the ****ing Braves are a powerhouse :laugh:
remember when I was trying to say nice things about Terry Collins? yeah about that :facepalm:
It really should of not come down to Cespedes having his walkoff HR taken away by a great catch. 3-0 lead headed to the 7th you should close that game out every single time against a team like Atlanta.
just ridiculous.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
This is why strength of schedule argument down the stretch can be so silly. Teams like the Brewers, Phillies, Braves, etc. have players fighting for jobs, high level Sept callups, etc and likely look a lot different than they did when they were playing to the bulk of that sub .500 record in April, May, June and July. The Braves played this series like a playoff series and celebrated like they won Game 7 of the NLCS after that Inciarte catch. I expect the Phillies to be very competitive as well.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Focusing now on the Nats. The Dodgers just need to finish with the same record as the Nats to get HFA in the NLDS since LA won the season series. Currently 3 games back.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This is why strength of schedule argument down the stretch can be so silly. Teams like the Brewers, Phillies, Braves, etc. have players fighting for jobs, high level Sept callups, etc and likely look a lot different than they did when they were playing to the bulk of that sub .500 record in April, May, June and July. The Braves played this series like a playoff series and celebrated like they won Game 7 of the NLCS after that Inciarte catch. I expect the Phillies to be very competitive as well.

The Phillies offense is awful. The Mets should be able to at worst win 2 of these 4. Even the hot Braves offense did not exactly torch the Mets outside of game 1.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Cubs magic number for home field thru playoffs= 2

I don't know about anybody here, but I think they get it.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Looks like the Cubs will be the only team to hit 100 wins this year.

I remember ppl picking teams like the pirates and Cards to win the division.....

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Yeah, that was totally unrealistic at the start of the year :rolleyes:

Considering the additions the Cubs made during the winter, it was nothing more then wishful thinking.

But nobody is faulting teams for trying. The Cubs were much, much better then the field and proved it.

Here's to the central division. At least you tried.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
No argument from me. He's been my top choice all along. Him and someone like Bloom in the POBO and GM spots would really give this franchise some direction. Something we've been lacking for the past little while.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
2/4 would be a win for the Phillies and the other WC teams.

Not if the Cards are swept and San Fran only takes 2 in San Diego. I cannot put faith in any of these teams right now to win series. The Mets/Cards/Giants have 12 games in the next week vs the Reds/Phillies/Padres. I would not be surprised if they only go 6-6 in those games.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yea, I think he gets it now.

I think you have to at this point. Regardless of his games played he's putting up historic numbers and they are going to look pretty damn good compared to catchers who played the whole year.

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/778748605905510401

Buster Olney Verified account
‏@Buster_ESPN
Sources: Cubs VP Jason McLeod has done well in Twins' interview process, and is said to be well-regarded, well-positioned in MIN discussions

Don't screw this up, don't screw this up...

I never thought AA was the best fit for MIN based on his approach but he obviously still would have been a huge upgrade. I don't know much about Jason McLeod but I'm sure he'd do fine all things considered.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I never thought AA was the best fit for MIN based on his approach but he obviously still would have been a huge upgrade. I don't know much about Jason McLeod but I'm sure he'd do fine all things considered.

The whole point is to change the approach. They're cleaning house. Or at least they should.

McLeod is the best player dev guy in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad