MLB regular season thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Astros at least finished that series on a good game

j54d6Wq.gif

Saw a kid in the Wally World parking lot today who couldn't be more than 6-8 years old with blue hair and a Rangers jersey. I would've told him "Go As", but he said something about Pokemon and I had to make sure to get in the car and steal them all.

And good job Clowe. Your team done well. You can tell they do need some polishing, but they look much better than last yr or so.
They're a meddler right now. Too good to be a bottom feeder, but not good enough to challenge for a playoff spot. They'll be worse after the deadline, but it will be good experience for the youth.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
They're a meddler right now. Too good to be a bottom feeder, but not good enough to challenge for a playoff spot. They'll be worse after the deadline, but it will be good experience for the youth.

They could shock you. Lord knows I've seen enough of my teams improve after a trade deadline cause all of that stress is behind them.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
:laugh:

Good luck with the series this weekend. I'm hoping the Marlins can at least gain a split considering how tough a matchup the Cards have been for them over the years (excluding their earlier series at Busch a couple weeks ago)

I'm hoping for a split too especially since the Marlins start the series up 1-0. After this series the Cards get Moss back and Carp back in a week or so vs Reds, Brewers, etc so a split here would be fine.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Arenado is in one of those stretches where all he does is hit popups. That's one thing he should have learned from Tulo

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I don't watch a ton of Mets games, but try and catch some. Especially deGrom and Thor. So Mets fans would know this better than myself, and can correct me if I am wrong.

But it seems like they could use a new hitting coach. Their overall plate discipline seems horrible. Don't work counts. Really free swinging. Poor situational hitting. (Gathered from limited viewings.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad