MLB regular season thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Let's not forget; the nats had span, werth, Zimmerman and rendon miss basically the whole year. Not once did they use their full lineup. That's a year without their #1,#2, #4 and #5 batters all around Harper who hit #3

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Semien hits his 19th.

Yeah yeah, average and.obp, but he's made huge strides slugging and in the field.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Jesus this night is brutal.

The baseball gods are definitely paying us back - with interest - for last year, and we didn't even win the WS last year :rant:

I just hope we're not looking back at Thor-Harvey-Matz in a decade the way we look back on Wood-Prior now.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
The baseball gods are definitely paying us back - with interest - for last year, and we didn't even win the WS last year :rant:

I just hope we're not looking back at Thor-Harvey-Matz in a decade the way we look back on Wood-Prior now.

Honestly, I don't want to hear about the Cubs being cursed anymore. As an almost 30 year old Met fan, we've been through a hell of a lot more than they have.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Honestly, I don't want to hear about the Cubs being cursed anymore. As an almost 30 year old Met fan, we've been through a hell of a lot more than they have.

Hmmm.

2 WS appearances since the turn of the millennium - including beating the Cubs to get to one of them.

Pretty sure Cubs fans would object to this statement. :laugh:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If you told me Braves were going to hit 3 HRs and score 8 runs of Sale I would've laughed at you.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Bucs take the lead 6-4, chase the greatest pitcher ever out of the game in the 7th.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Hmmm.

2 WS appearances since the turn of the millennium - including beating the Cubs to get to one of them.

Pretty sure Cubs fans would object to this statement. :laugh:

We also have some of the most historic collapses in the history of the sport and have blown every opportunity to win it all. I'm just talking my lifetime. In the end if you don't win a world series it really doesn't matter that you got there.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Cubs bullpen, ouf.

Remember when a certain poster proclaimed a few days ago that the Pirates quit because the Cubs 'broke' them? Good times.

And that the Blue Jays were his biggest disappointment.

We also have some of the most historic collapses in the history of the sport and have blown every opportunity to win it all. I'm just talking my lifetime. In the end if you don't win a world series it really doesn't matter that you got there.

I don't know if the Mets collapses even challenge what the Rangers have been through.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Cubs bullpen, ouf.

Remember when a certain poster proclaimed a few days ago that the Pirates quit because the Cubs 'broke' them? Good times.

They lost last night, but had won previous 7 games. Six of those were come from behind wins. Bullpen, which was a sore spot for them early in the season, recorded a league best (on the season so far), 34 consecutive scoreless innings during the last two weeks.

I think the number is 5 or maybe 6 starting pitchers that have made their MLB debut this season for the Bucs. If those young arms can stay up, and give the Pirates some much needed boost, I think they division is still within reach. If not the division, surely a WC spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad