MLB regular season thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Gerardo Parra is useless, what a waste of money.

Down 2 with the bases loaded, Weiss lets Descalso hit while Arenado watches from the bench.

Last edited:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
The only one person on this board that believes that is KrisBryantistheGOAT.

Aka Mr "Stroman would not even be in the Cubs rotation".

Seriously, if Kershaw pitches like this for another 5 years and then does his 2011-2014 numbers for another 5, he could very well be in the discussion for GOAT pitcher.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Plunk Bryce Harper in the knee is fine, that sometimes happens in baseball.

Throwing over to first five straight times right after knowing he's in a heck of a lot of pain is stupid

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Jeff Locke faced one more than the minimal while pitching a shut out.

tumblr_lkc64whSVs1qj43juo1_400.gif

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
TBH I really like Murphy but I thought "guy had an insane October, now he got overpaid and is going to suck" ..... yea

He's going to revert to normal for sure. The same goes for Cespedes. Both these guys were high 700 OPS guys. You don't suddenly become a 960-1000 OPS player at age 30 or 31. The Nats are lucky Brandon Phillips refused to waive his NTC. Of course nobody knows if Murphy signed with say the White Sox if he would be posting these numbers. I think Phillips would have sucked anywhere however.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It seems weird to be that mad when you obviously know you weren't hit. I wonder how the manager felt about going out and arguing after he saw the replay?

The fact that he continued the at bat and didn't even attempt to go to first base, is bad enough. :laugh:

And yeah I can't figure out what the manager was thinking, going out and defending that doofus.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
I know everyone is excited about Matt Harvey's start, but excellent outing by Carlos Martinez too whose been going through a ****** patch. 100 MPH K to end the 6th was pretty. 8 shutout.

It's tough to distinguish between a rebound start and playing the Brewers.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Braves already dangling Tehran...LOL
Unsurprisingly, the Atlanta Braves have a high asking price for 25-year-old right-hander Julio Teheran.

In his Full Count video, Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal says Braves GM John Coppolella told him the team will only trade Teheran if it can get "a hitter of comparable quality and age" in return.

"The days of us trading players like Teheran for prospects are over. We need to get better at the major league level. We would have to be overwhelmed to move Teheran," Rosenthal quotes Coppolella as saying.

http://espn.go.com/blog/mlb/rumors/...or-central-braves-set-price-for-julio-teheran

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I hope Julio gets traded, for the sake of my fantasy team. I need wins. Go to Boston.

4 complete games yesterday: Colin McHugh, Steven Wright, Jeff Locke, and Jhoulys Chacin. How?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I will fully admit that I do not watch much of the AL East, but how in the blue hell do the Blue Jays starters have a collective ERA of like three and a half, but also have that bad of a record?

Is their hitting actually that pathetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad