MLB regular season thread - part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Fun fact, Matt Bush was arrested 5 minutes from where my family house in FLA is. Shout out North Port.
love tampa. all 24 hours i was there... that causeway/bridge over to st. pete is defintely a fun drive.

i stayed right next to hulk hogan's restaurant/bar. bay harbor hotel i think. where the **** are all the grocery convenience stores?!?!?!

Downtown Tampa is nice, don't think I've ever heard anyone say where the Rays play is anything other than terrible. Middle of nowhere beside those weird Scientologists in Clearwater.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Yeah I don't know about that.

Yeah...It's not like Bautista didn't get clocked or anything

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I swore I heard "USA" chants in the pair of videos posted on Yahoo. I mean...I don't even :laugh:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Odor definitely knows how to fight. Knows to get the first punch in and you can see he knows how to throw a punch as well. Bautista can definitely take a punch

darko

Feb 16, 2009
As for Bush I'm leaning towards something like 5 games. That was intentional.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
dzytltukqx096x7lbsyd.gif

Discuss!!!!

Great cross by Odor. If you are going to square up against someone after shoves you better be ready.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
That slide wasant as bad as I heard it was. Am I missing something? Looks like he justs goes straight into bag. Yes a tad late but that's baseball over the years

Well Odor reacted as if Bautista went flying through the air and spiked him in the chest.

The slide isn't bad as some are making it out to be but it's still not defendable.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Great cross by Odor. If you are going to square up against someone after shoves you better be ready.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but Bautista really didn't do anything after the slide except be shoved and then punched. He didn't even get a chance to put his hands on odor

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Well Odor reacted as if Bautista went flying through the air and spiked him in the chest.

The slide isn't bad as some are making it out to be but it's still not defendable.

I agree it's a tough slide but I just don't see it worthy of the odor reaction

darko

Feb 16, 2009
My guess is Odor 5+, Bush 5 games and Bautista 2-3. Probably 2.

And these teams not playing again this season is a bummer.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Yeah...It's not like Bautista didn't get clocked or anything

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I swore I heard "USA" chants in the pair of videos posted on Yahoo. I mean...I don't even :laugh:

He did, that's my point. If Odor knew how to throw them he would have dropped Bautista with his bare knuckle cheap shot. The fact that he didn't tells me that throwing hands isn't really a strength of his. He should stick to baseball - he's a hell of a player but a classless little **** whose gonna catch a high hard one.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
He did, that's my point. If Odor knew how to throw them he would have dropped Bautista with his bare knuckle cheap shot. The fact that he didn't tells me that throwing hands isn't really a strength of his. He should stick to baseball - he's a hell of a player but a classless little **** whose gonna catch a high hard one.

[MOD]

He didn't drop him with one punch = he doesn't know how to fight? That doesn't make much sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Again it wasn't a cheap shot.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Roogie is apparently a troublemaker, kid needs 10-20 games to absorb the message. You don't pop off on respected vets when you're a somewhat known, young infielder. If not a lengthy suspension, he needs to get popped in the dome with a few fastballs.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
He didn't drop him with one punch = he doesn't know how to fight? That doesn't make much sense.

Ok, let me clarify - I think the complete lack of punching power would greatly limit Odor is a physical altercation with grown men.... Better?

Maybe he's a great wrestler, he's a hell of a ball player, but his right hand needs some work.

That's the definition of a cheap shot. Hard slides happen all the time and guys don't come up swinging. Odor didn't square up to go, he pushed him then threw a quick right... That's far from a typical baseball play.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Odor is a dbag who regularly slides late with intent. He's always been a moron.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

You'd think an innocent person would deny that it was intentional there. Or maybe I'm just being terrible at reading minds again or something

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014

Someone who knows how to throw a punch will most likely be able to knock out an unsuspecting person.

Again it wasn't a cheap shot.

It certainly was. This isn't hockey, in case you didn't notice. It's very rare to see a punch thrown out of the amount of bench clearing incidents there actually are.

Toronto is just so average though, but it's hard to believe a bat flip could get into pro ball players heads in such a way. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad