MLB regular season thread - part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Just look at Bautista's eyes.

Getting punched in the face looked to surprise him... It would surprise a lot of people when they're in the middle of a baseball game.

It was a hard slide, not a dirty one. By the rules there's nothing wrong with it... or was this still about the bat flip?

At what point does it turn from vengeful to petty?

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Getting punched in the face looked to surprise him... It would surprise a lot of people when they're in the middle of a baseball game.

It was a hard slide, not a dirty one. By the rules there's nothing wrong with it... or was this still about the bat flip?

By the rules that's a blatantly illegal slide. Hence why despite Odor's throw going into right field, the double play was still awarded.

S A W F T*

dzytltukqx096x7lbsyd.gif

Discuss!!!!

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Mlb tonight says Odor submarined on his throw.

They must be wrong, too.

After watching the replay and slo-mo I admit the slide wasn't as bad as I originally thought, although it is still very late and illegal according to the rules. Having said that, it is quite clear Odor knew what he was doing on that throw...he just barely missed smoking Bautista in the head.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA

That was an incredibly late slide and clearly against the rules. Still don't think it was worth getting punched in the face for. If they're still upset about the bat flip from last year then just throw at him square in the back and be done with it.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Beltre was angry after Fielder got hit. It's as if Andrus patted him on the head.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Fielder was at the right place at the right time. Getting intentionally hbp is the only way he's getting on base this season.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Honestly looked like Beltre had Bautista in the Heimlich maneuver. Bet his thumbs were even dug into his belly button.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
tampa's closer.

google maps hilariously says that it takes under two hours from my house to tropicana field but it's a little over.

marlins park is further and more of a pain in the ass to get to.

Is there a ton of traffic on Florida highways or something? The state doesn't look that big. Or is the speed limit 30?

S A W F T*

love tampa. all 24 hours i was there... that causeway/bridge over to st. pete is defintely a fun drive.

i stayed right next to hulk hogan's restaurant/bar. bay harbor hotel i think. where the **** are all the grocery convenience stores?!?!?!

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Its always better to have a punch first mentality. Batista should have been ready.

Again, as a grown man, if you hook an unsuspecting man square on the button with bare knuckles and he doesn't drop, you probably shouldn't be throwing punches.

Odor can't fight, obviously. He's pretty fortunate none of the Jays got a hold of him. Would love to see Martin or Donaldson show him why him trying to fight men is a bad idea.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
Is there a ton of traffic on Florida highways or something? The state doesn't look that big. Or is the speed limit 30?

tampa is about 120 miles, miami is about 170.

highway is being ripped up on the way to tampa and people drive like complete *******s.

once you get off the highway in miami it's a ****ing nightmare.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Again, as a grown man, if you hook an unsuspecting man square on the button with bare knuckles and he doesn't drop, you probably shouldn't be throwing punches.

Odor can't fight, obviously. He's pretty fortunate none of the Jays got a hold of him. Would love to see Martin or Donaldson show him why him trying to fight men is a bad idea.

Yeah I don't know about that.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
That slide wasant as bad as I heard it was. Am I missing something? Looks like he justs goes straight into bag. Yes a tad late but that's baseball over the years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad