Mittelstadt vs Zadina

?

• Total voters

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Honestly I thought Mittelstadt had a good season, but if IPS says otherwise I gotta believe him. He's never led me wrong before.

He said ROR was better defensively then Jack Eichel therefore was Better overall he’s convinced me.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Your becoming as bad as IPS with the constant Sabre hate underrating every Sabre and overrating every leaf.

What you say you can’t back up at all.

Have the Sabres given him any reason to not "underrate" their players?

Eichel was supposed to set the league on fire and be nearly as good as McDavid. He's a good/great player, but he hasn't met those expectations yet.

Reinhart was supposed to be an awesome super smart center who controls the game with his elite hockey IQ. Instead, he's a 50 point winger.

Girgensons was supposed to be good, much more than the middling player putting up 15 points/year than he is now. Oops. Grigorenko as well (I realize he has since been traded, but the point still stands).

Alex Nylander was supposed to be as good or better than his brother. Still early, but so far he's looking like a bust.

All these top picks and awesome prospects, and "speeding up the rebuild" with Kane, ROR, and Bogosian were supposed to lead to the Sabres being a powerhouse. But instead, they are just the worst team in the league.

Maybe there's a reason the Sabres top draft picks are always "underrated," including this one.

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Have the Sabres given him any reason to not "underrate" their players?

Eichel was supposed to set the league on fire and be nearly as good as McDavid. He's a good/great player, but he hasn't met those expectations yet.

Reinhart was supposed to be an awesome super smart center who controls the game with his elite hockey IQ. Instead, he's a 50 point winger.

Girgensons was supposed to be good, much more than the middling player putting up 15 points/year than he is now. Oops. Grigorenko as well (I realize he has since been traded, but the point still stands).

Alex Nylander was supposed to be as good or better than his brother. Still early, but so far he's looking like a bust.

All these top picks and awesome prospects, and "speeding up the rebuild" with Kane, ROR, and Bogosian were supposed to lead to the Sabres being a powerhouse. But instead, they are just the worst team in the league.

Maybe there's a reason the Sabres top draft picks are always "underrated," including this one.

Not sure I understand your point.

Are you saying that the Sabres mess up the development of their prospects, and thus we shouldn't expect Mittelstadt to become much? Because that poster was saying Mittelstadt is "garbage" and considering Buffalo has only had him for six games (in which he excelled), his very poor assessment was based on what Mittelstadt had done before Buffalo.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Your becoming as bad as IPS with the constant Sabre hate underrating every Sabre and overrating every leaf.

What you say you can’t back up at all.

You following me? That's sad.

Regardless, no need to bash the Sabres, they take care of it themselves on the ice, honestly.

I have backed it up. His season was very pedestrian at Minnesota, that much is clear. I expected much more from a supposed Top 5 world wide prospect. Very underwhelming.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I have backed it up. His season was very pedestrian at Minnesota, that much is clear. I expected much more from a supposed Top 5 world wide prospect. Very underwhelming.

Just making sure everyone here reading this knows that this particular poster did not, in fact, actually watch Mittelstadt play in the NCAA this year.

Although he did follow Mittelstadt's hockeydb page ardently this year - he even gave us weekly p/gp updates in the Mittelstadt prospect thread. This is surely a good enough replacement for actually watching the games and thus qualifies him to be making statements like "he was very underwhelming".

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Just making sure everyone here reading this knows that this particular poster did not, in fact, actually watch Mittelstadt play in the NCAA this year.

Although he did follow Mittelstadt's hockeydb page ardently this year - he even gave us weekly p/gp updates in the Mittelstadt prospect thread. This is surely a good enough replacement for actually watching the games and thus qualifies him to be making statements like "he was very underwhelming".

Being in Winnipeg I get plenty of Minnesota games.

However, please continue to embarrass yourself!

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Being in Winnipeg I get plenty of Minnesota games.

However, please continue to embarrass yourself!

Do tell. How many games of his did you watch?

It's just really strange because in all your months of posting in the Mittelstadt thread you offered almost no qualitative analysis of his game. Very odd for someone so interested in the prospect.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Do tell. How many games of his did you watch?

It's just really strange because in all your months of posting in the Mittelstadt thread you offered almost no qualitative analysis of his game. Very odd for someone so interested in the prospect.

Roughly 10-12, watched both series against MSU and Harvard pre WJC, which admittedly he looked ok. Post WJC watched the home series vs. Michigan, ND and OSU. He looked very average and somewhat weak, although believe scores the OT winner vs. ND

You?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Roughly 10-12, watched both series against MSU and Harvard pre WJC, which admittedly he looked ok. Post WJC watched the home series vs. Michigan, ND and OSU. He looked very average and somewhat weak, although believe scores the OT winner vs. ND

You?

Okay, fair enough.

I always give more credibility to an opinion when they don't only rely on quantitative numbers, and it came across that way because that's the only thing you posted.

I watched him in the WJC and the NHL, totalling 13 games.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Why do not Mittelstadt have better stats from NCAA, or for that matter, USHL the season before?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad