Mittelstadt vs Zadina

?

• Total voters

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
As prospects at their draft, Zadina now doubt.

But Mittelstadt evolved as a prospect since then.

I'd say they're even.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
As prospects at their draft, Zadina now doubt.

But Mittelstadt evolved as a prospect since then.

I'd say they're even.
I'd have to agree. Going with Mittelstadt because he can play center + homer vote.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Both will be good, gotta go Zadina just cuz he’s better than Casey was at his age

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think you could make the argument that Zadinas draft year was more impressive than Mittlestadts draft+1 season really. The only thing Mittelstadt has an edge on right now is that hes a center vs a winger. Zadina could stagnate or regress even but I think Zadina is more impressive at the same age, and probably is already despite the age difference

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I think you could make the argument that Zadinas draft year was more impressive than Mittlestadts draft+1 season really.

And I think most would disagree with you, at least I do. It's a lot harder to score and play in the NCAA than it is the CHL and Casey was the 2nd leading scorer on a mediocre Minnesota team and was only 1 point back of the lead in 4 less games. Zadina obviously lit up the Q but it's apples to oranges.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
And I think most would disagree with you, at least I do. It's a lot harder to score and play in the NCAA than it is the CHL and Casey was the 2nd leading scorer on a mediocre Minnesota team and was only 1 point back of the lead in 4 less games. Zadina obviously lit up the Q but it's apples to oranges.
It is harder to score in NCAA but Zadina's production in CHL is more impressive than Mittelstadt's NCAA stats. He couldn't even crack point per game as a top 10 pick, which is not great at all. At least it seems he has produced well in the 6 NHL games so far. Hopefully he keeps it up.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I dunno, Mittlestadt had a solid year in the NCAA but nothing spectacular. He didnt lead a mediocre team in scoring and didnt have a point per game much higher than the closest guy. He had a really good world junior though. Its easier to score in the Q but Zadina was one of the best players in the league, tied for 3rd in goals as a draft eligible and had what most would consider a more impressive world junior given the team that he was on.

Mittlestadt had a good 6 games in the NHL, thats about all he really has going for him over Zadina right now

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Mittlestadt had a very pedestrian season. Zadina for now.

What? He was the best player on his college team, he was the MVP of the world juniors tournament, and he went PPG in his extremely limited NHL audition. Choosing Zadina isn't a problem, but claiming Mitts had a pedestrian season is laughable. Last season is the only reason this is a close decision, people want to see if he can maintain what he did last year.

Reactions: derriko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad