Injury Report: Mitchell Marner ankle injury (will miss at least 4 weeks)

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Hyman is a great player. just look at the 5v5 stats of any line he has been on....

It's honestly so funny to me to watch "stat guys" rip on a guy with amazing advanced stats, truly shows the lengths some will go to fit their own biases.

It's gonna take a while until he plays like the old Hyman, the guy barely skated for 6 months

On topic, Mitch is gonna to look like a completely new player..... Can't wait to see it. Nylander looks like a different player. Babs scarred these kids lol

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
I heard them say on first up this morning that Marner was ahead of schedule and close to returning. Not sure if it was on the breakfast club or before that but I thought I heard one of them say he’s possible for tomorrow night, but might have miss heard.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I heard them say on first up this morning that Marner was ahead of schedule and close to returning. Not sure if it was on the breakfast club or before that but I thought I heard one of them say he’s possible for tomorrow night, but might have miss heard.
While that would be excellent news, I would think he would get a practice in first.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg

I thought that with him on LTIR he had to be out for at least 30 days?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Hyman is a great player. just look at the 5v5 stats of any line he has been on....

It's honestly so funny to me to watch "stat guys" rip on a guy with amazing advanced stats, truly shows the lengths some will go to fit their own biases.

It's gonna take a while until he plays like the old Hyman, the guy barely skated for 6 months

On topic, Mitch is gonna to look like a completely new player..... Can't wait to see it. Nylander looks like a different player. Babs scarred these kids lol

I was thinking about how much more enthusiasm he might have not having to play for the idiot and now a completely blank slate where he can and is encouraged to use his skill. Frigging exciting times ahead for all the players with skill that will not be killed any longer.

The flow Keefe has inspired in these guys is going to create so so many passing opportunities for Magic that its driving me crazy waiting to see it.

This offense is a threat again and the defense is is not the drag it was with that other guy. The boys are going to have fun for a long time together here again :)

Reactions: NovaLeaf

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
You just stop that, you dirty tease!:sarcasm:

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
People need to realize Hyman won't be as effective the way Keefe wants to play vs. how Babcock wanted to.

we aren't a dump and chase team anymore.

the new system is built so that guys like Matthews, Nylander and Marner can succeed, not guys like Babs faves Lindholm Gauthier Hyman etc
I agree with this. The dump and chase is gone with Keefe. On top of that I think Keefe likes Hyman as RW. So when Marner comes back I can see Hyman drop down behind Nylander, Marner and Kappy. Hyman to the 4th line and top PKer. Really good energy player, that fits perfectly for this.

Last edited:

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
24 days and 10 games, today is day 20, so he isn't eligible to come off for tomorrow's game.

Looks like Wednesday vs. the Avalanche is when he can come off LTIR.

Thanks knew it was something like that. I was expecting him to be out for a lot longer. If he comes back within the 4 week time frame I'd be thrilled.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I agree with this. The dump and chase is gone with Keefe. On top of that I think Keefe likes Hyman as RW. So when Marner comes back I can see Hyman drop down behind Nylander, Marner and Kappy. Hyman to the 4th line and top PKer. Really good energy player, that fits perfectly for this.

Keefe also liked Nylander as LW/C. There's room for Hyman in the top-9. We don't have to dump and chase, but having it as a back up option isn't bad.

Reactions: Menzinger

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Babcock has trained all of us that Mitch and Matthews can't be on the same line.

I say hogwash.

When Mitch is back I want to see

Willy Matthews Marner
Hyman Taveras Mekhayev

as our top 2 lines

First line is super finess. Willy with zone entry. Marner with the creative plays. Matthews with the killer scoring touch.

Second line is grittier. Hyman is scrappy and gets the puck and scores on the empty net. Soyp is big, tough, skilled and can control the puck. Johnny can battle for the puck and score goals

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Babcock has trained all of us that Mitch and Matthews can't be on the same line.

I say hogwash.

When Mitch is back I want to see

Willy Matthews Marner
Hyman Taveras Mekhayev

as our top 2 lines

First line is super finess. Willy with zone entry. Marner with the creative plays. Matthews with the killer scoring touch.

Second line is grittier. Hyman is scrappy and gets the puck and scores on the empty net. Soyp is big, tough, skilled and can control the puck. Johnny can battle for the puck and score goals
It might not work out really well, but I would die to see Willy, Papi and Marner on the same line. Damn, I like this more than pizza!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad