Mitch "The Magician" Marner

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yep..he was invisible..
But his talent is with the puck and his linemates simply don't get it to him.
JVR scores from in front but can't do anything else and Bozak is just nothing out there..
And I always liked Bozak but he his play has deteriorated...
Easy to be invisible when your centre doesnt do anything.
The great thing is that Marner's best magic trick is being an amazing player.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
No they don't. That line is run by Marner and JVR. Bozak easily the weak link on that line.

Mitch assisted for...

5-vs-5Total
assist
First
assist
2nd
assist
Tyler Bozak633
Patrick Marleau312
Auston Matthews220
James van Riemsdyk110
Matt Martin101
Morgan Rielly101
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Mitch assisted with...

5-vs-5Total
assist
First
assist
2nd
assist
Matt Martin321
Jake Gardiner202
Roman Polak211
Tyler Bozak211
Auston Matthews101
James van Riemsdyk101
Leo Komarov110
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Mitch's goals assisted by...

5-vs-5Total
Assists
First
Assists
Second
Assists
Jake Gardiner110
James van Riemsdyk101
Tyler Bozak211
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Mitch cf% with Bozak 54.81%
Mitch cf% with JVR 54.40%

Last edited:
Reactions: The Man with a Plan

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Didn't say I didn't like Mitch. He is anything but consistent however.
You could say the same thing about any other young player aside from maybe 3.
Plus that isnt what you meant by your original. You basically said his best attribute is being invisible.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
No they don't. That line is run by Marner and JVR. Bozak easily the weak link on that line.
Its not really a surprise that as soon as Marner got going, Bozak started playing better. When Marner was struggling, Bozak was horrendous. Marner carries that line, while Bozak is just sitting their hoping "Mitch I cant do anything without you, carry me"
Its basically the same scenario with Kadri and Komarov, where Kadri is Mitch, and Komarov is Bozak.
Komarov sure looks terrible without Kadri. It just goes to show Komarov doesnt carry Kadri.
Kadri carries Komarov

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
You could say the same thing about any other young player aside from maybe 3.
Plus that isnt what you meant by your original. You basically said his best attribute is being invisible.
Nope didn't say that. Said his biggest trick is turning invisible. This implies that he's very visible at times, but disappears at others. He'll gain consistency as he develops I'm sure. Unlike some folks, I realize what we have and how old Mitchy is. His production is remarkable for a teenager. But he's anything but consistent at this time.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nope didn't say that. Said his biggest trick is turning invisible. This implies that he's very visible at times, but disappears at others. He'll gain consistency as he develops I'm sure. Unlike some folks, I realize what we have and how old Mitchy is. His production is remarkable for a teenager. But he's anything but consistent at this time.

Ok I can agree with this.
This is fair:)

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
And it’s not on his linemates either way. When he’s invisible it’s on him. His linemates where successful long before he came.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Bozak has been a competent centre for years and on the first line.
But those days appear to be over....he tries but is either too slow to react or not strong enough to win any battles.
He is doing absolutely nothing now......when was the last time anyone saw a goal engineered by him?
or an announcer say..."what a play by bozak"?
We hear it about JVR and of course, marner.....but never Bozak..

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'd like to see:

van Riemsdyk-Marner-Kapanen as the 3rd. line.

I'm sure it would be fun to watch, and Kapanen is strong enough defensively to help in the d-zone.

Time moves along for everyone.
I'd try that with Nylander instead of Marner and start it in the offensive zone like 70% of the time, then pair Marner with Matthews. Marner hasn't played center extensively since his first year in London really, and even then he played a bunch on the wing.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
9 pts in 4 games before pointless in 2 games (where he still played well)

13pts in his last 11. lets just enjoy the ride. Not too many players in this league are gonna be around 60pts at the end of the year getting 15mins/night

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
And it’s not on his linemates either way. When he’s invisible it’s on him. His linemates where successful long before he came.
Did his line mates not just have career years last season in their first playing with Mitch? Did Marner not also match those numbers in his rookie season? So you say " his line mates were successful long before he came" Except their best season was last season playing with Marner, and like I said, Marner matched both their best seasons while playing in his rookie season.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
The only thing Bozak was heavily relied on for was his faceoffs in crucial moments. Since the new rule change this year, all our guys have benefitted except Bozak who's regressed because he can't use his feet in the faceoff dot anymore.

His defensive game is the most suspect of all Leaf centers and his offensive game is very streaky. You would expect much better overall play and consistency out of one of your biggest vets and he doesn't bring it. All his criticisms are fair.

Mitchy needs a faster center who can keep up with the play. I don't think we have another guy down in the minors who can fit that bill but perhaps if we move Willie down the middle, he and Mitch might do well together.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
JVR/Bozak are usually grinding around the net, behind the goal lines, in corners with Mitch out front looking for opportunities. JVR/Bozak are usually caught down low when the other team's breakout.

Keep an eye on Bozak/Mitch, passing, etc tonite...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad