Mitch "The Magician" Marner

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
LOL, Hyman and Brown are ahead of Marner according to Kyreos...what a pathetic idiot. With Matthews injured, where would this team be without Marner?

I missed that, that's hilarious. In what way did he say are those two are ahead of Marner, have they collected more air miles or something?

Passive aggressiveness is ugly, Mess. And God doesn't like ugly.

That like me saying, "man, I really have to eat crow on this Barzal kid. Even though he's scored only 2 goals in his last 24 games despite 18:20 aTOI, he's still managed to be PPG over this season. Impressive!"

Or like Pookie saying "man, I really have to eat crow on Kadri, his career was on the verge of being over due to off-ice issues but he's turned it around and I'd now hire him as a motivational speaker any day. Impressive!"

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
LOL, Hyman and Brown are ahead of Marner according to Kyreos...what a pathetic idiot. With Matthews injured, where would this team be without Marner?
Wow watching the whole show would have helped you.

Kipper was frustrated with Marner being on the 4 th line and getting less ice then Hyman and others like Brown and Leo.

Kippers favourite Leaf player is Marner.

You are way off base here and posting with out knowing the context is laughable.

Reactions: therealkoho

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I missed that, that's hilarious. In what way did he say are those two are ahead of Marner, have they collected more air miles or something?

Or like Pookie saying "man, I really have to eat crow on Kadri, his career was on the verge of being over due to off-ice issues but he's turned it around and I'd now hire him as a motivational speaker any day. Impressive!"
Garry kipper loves Marner.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
41 Games, 17 Goals, 25 Assists, 42 Points, 16:29 aTOI

That's a 34G-50A-84Pt pace. If he can maintain it for the final 12 games, he'll hit 70 points.

And just like after his rookie season, this thread is devoid of a certain few individuals.

Not sure if it means much, but factoring in line mates and TOI, what will this look like when he plays with Matthews (or potentially Tavares if that wish ever comes to fruition) and he gets a stars ice usage at around 19-20 minutes per night?

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Not sure if it means much, but factoring in line mates and TOI, what will this look like when he plays with Matthews (or potentially Tavares if that wish ever comes to fruition) and he gets a stars ice usage at around 19-20 minutes per night?
all I know marner will get his 6 million nylander bridge deal book it

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Upon thinking it over, Pookie would never admit to having to eat crow. The rest is correct, he's said words to that effect a number of times in every Kadri thread for some time now.

Garry kipper loves Marner.

Thanks for the clarification, that makes sense.

Fun to think about isn't it. Picture one line with Matthews/Nylander and Marner /Tavares on another playing 19 minutes per game. I'm trying to think of what the numbers what might be but it's not easy. :laugh::)

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Wow watching the whole show would have helped you.

Kipper was frustrated with Marner being on the 4 th line and getting less ice then Hyman and others like Brown and Leo.

Kippers favourite Leaf player is Marner.

You are way off base here and posting with out knowing the context is laughable.

I did watch the whole show...he says he would trade Marner....he doesn't think Marner's a fit on this team long term, which is laughable.

Reactions: stickty111

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I did watch the whole show...he says he would trade Marner....he doesn't think Marner's a fit on this team long term, which is laughable.
Yes he said that but the claim was made that he thought that Hyman and Brown were better when that is not what he said or believes at all.

He was blowing of stream as he was upset about both Brown and Hyman playing significant more in terms of ice time and at the time it appeared that Babcock did not value him or trust him.

Just understand that Kippers favourite Leaf is Marner and he thinks he should have been playing more which I agree. He does not want to trade him at all but was thinking a loud that is Babcock is not going to trust him and play him he should be traded...hard to disagree with his though process.

Reactions: Leafsfan13

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Lets hope Mitch can carry this strong play into the 2nd season and dominate similarly in the playoffs when it really counts most.

He will be a key component for the Leafs to advance beyond the 1st round and beyond.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Agreed.
And, I think we also walked away with a better D than Hanifin in that draft with Dermott. Imagine getting a superstar winger, and possibly a top pairing D in the same draft. God I love Mark Hunter.
Poor Coyotees. Strome does not have the skating ability to ever be as good as they thought.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Poor Coyotees. Strome does not have the skating ability to ever be as good as they thought.
Ya, sucks for them, but on the bright side Strome and Merkley (their other high pick form 2015) could lead a Calder Cup dynasty in Tuscon.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Agreed.
And, I think we also walked away with a better D than Hanifin in that draft with Dermott. Imagine getting a superstar winger, and possibly a top pairing D in the same draft. God I love Mark Hunter.

Carolina walked away with Hanifin and then Sebastian Aho with their #5 and #35 picks in the 2015 draft, picking 1 spot after the Leafs in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Marner 71 games 19-40-59 points [.83 PPG] vs Sebastian Aho 66 games 25-30-55 points [.83 PPG]
+
Dermott 28 games 1-9-10 points vs Noah Hanifin 70 games 8-21-29 points [230 games 16-64-80 points]

Sounds like Carolina got exactly what you suggest the Leafs got and took a RW in the 2nd round that scores at the same .83 PPG pace that Marner does.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Carolina walked away with Hanifin and then Sebastian Aho with their #5 and #35 picks in the 2015 draft, picking 1 spot after the Leafs in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Marner 71 games 19-40-59 points [.83 PPG] vs Sebastian Aho 66 games 25-30-55 points [.83 PPG]
+
Dermott 28 games 1-9-10 points vs Noah Hanifin 70 games 8-21-29 points [230 games 16-64-80 points]

Sounds like Carolina got exactly what you suggest the Leafs got and took a RW in the 2nd round that scores at the same .83 PPG pace that Marner does.
I'd rather have Marner and Dernott than Aho and Hanifan.
Marner is on pace for almost 70 points with just over 16 minutes of TOI. He's a future superstar.
And Carolina is still a crappy team.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015

+

Lol. If you think Aho is a better player than Marner then I don't know what to say. Yes, they have the same PPG this season, but you know as well as I do that he went through an abnormal goal slump this season. Hanifin is not so far quite as advertised, and Dermott has to me the same offensive upside, and is better defensively. A 1/4 of Hanifin's pts come on the PP and Dermott has basically the same PPG as a rookie and has zero PP time. Hanifin is also sheltered a lot (63.2% OZ starts). Be honest, who would you take moving forward; Hanifin and Aho or Marner and Dermott?
Did you have Aho as the Leafs 2nd rd. pick? Doubt it. It is easy to look back in hindsight and say should have drafted ____, a lot harder to make those picks on draft day. Other than the Hurricanes, whose 1st rd pick + 2nd rd. Pick is even comparable at this point.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
This idea throughout HF Aho is as good or better than Marner is ludicrous.
I have no idea how Marner can get to 70 points with that ice-time and linemates through 50+ games of the season. Kid was a lock for PPG in a bigger role this year.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Let's get it straight...

Marner 120p in 148gp = .81
Aho 104p in 148gp = .70
The Marner knockers on here never count last season.
Mitch will be the only player other than McDavid from that amazing draft class to get 2 60 point seasons to start their careers. And Mitch could hit 70 with crappy ice-time.
It's early in both careers, but does Dermott look lesser than Hanifan? I don't think so.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

+

How does the bigger sample size look Mess? Because if you look at it, Aho does not score at the same pace Marner does.

Agenda much??? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad