Mitch "The Magician" Marner

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
. Pretty safe thinking they'll beat out Seattle.

I think Tavares might play a role in who ends up 1st. next year. Stamkos and Tavares on the same team could pose a problem.

Stamkos, Tavares, Kucherov, Johnson
versus
Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Kadri

Sounds exciting.

Gee, you went pretty far out on that limb.:sarcasm:

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Dug up a few old threads but couldn't bump them because they were locked :thumbd: but Marner is blowing the doors off of this season after a slow start. One thread compared him to Yakupov, another one titled that he was on pace for 9 goals... Feels good man.

I think we should get used to him leading this team in points, along with Auston obviously.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Dug up a few old threads but couldn't bump them because they were locked :thumbd: but Marner is blowing the doors off of this season after a slow start. One thread compared him to Yakupov, another one titled that he was on pace for 9 goals... Feels good man.

I think we should get used to him leading this team in points, along with Auston obviously.

Nice post Mugzy. Seriously, WTF with Marner not being on Page 1?

LOL Yakupov. And LOL 9 goal pace, reminds me of every Kadri thread I've ever seen. I've been thinking about another Kadri thread actually, was first thinking about it after that game where he scored 2 goals and was awesome but decided not to. Just tired of all the crap I guess.

Love Marner. I like all our players but him and Kadri are my two favourites!

Reactions: Nooodles

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
But he’s too small and not good defensively

He runs our power play. Everyone passes to him to start
The power play. His passing is elite.

Put him in the fourth line and even Martin starts to score

Marleau kadri haven't scored in 20 games no problem put marner there and these two play like all stars

Take him off jvr and bozak line and they become impotent

Marner is the real deal

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
It's actually amazing that he's on pace to better his rookie season, especially in goals, considering how the first half of the season went. It's a testament to his ability to simply dominate offensive when he turns it on. Incredible player.

Reactions: WWB

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I was not expecting him to score more goals than Willie this season. Fingers crossed he scores better than 65pts this year.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Even though Marner was struggling at the start of the season it's great he was able to match the 19 goals he scored as a rookie and he should get well over 20+ at the rate he is playing right now.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I was not expecting him to score more goals than Willie this season. Fingers crossed he scores better than 65pts this year.

If he keeps up his pace since being on the Kadri line, he'll finish with 74 if I'm not mistaken. All of his numbers are sustainable too.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Over-under both of them or one of them dropping 100 points in a season playing together?

Well under imo. Tavares is inconsistent and goes on hot streaks and some big slumps. He can get 85 or so with the current talent he has. Giving him marner wont make a huge shift as he has amazing chemistry with bailey and lee. I could see both of them being ppg players together but with leafs depth the players don't usually get top line minutes like other elite players. Still would be amazing to see.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
It's actually amazing that he's on pace to better his rookie season, especially in goals, considering how the first half of the season went. It's a testament to his ability to simply dominate offensive when he turns it on. Incredible player.

even in junior mm was a really slow starter. seems to turn it up 1/2 way through at the latest.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
The scary thing with Mitch is I think he'll be even more of a force in a few years, like top 5 in the league dominant. His elite passing, speed, skating, creativity at making plays, poise with the puck, and ability at getting under guys to steal pucks (he's terrific).

I think he'll really give Matthews a good run in their time here as the best player on the team. Man are we blessed to have them + Nylander.

Reactions: Mugzy97

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The scary thing with Mitch is I think he'll be even more of a force in a few years, like top 5 in the league dominant. His elite passing, speed, skating, creativity at making plays, poise with the puck, and ability at getting under guys to steal pucks (he's terrific).

I think he'll really give Matthews a good run in their time here as the best player on the team. Man are we blessed to have them + Nylander.
Thank god Arizona decided to go with Dylan Strome at 3rd overall in 2015 instead of Marner.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Marner is have an excellent 2nd half ..

After scoring just 5 times in his first 47 games he has found his groove and now Leafs most consistent and dangerous forward.
Anybody have his numbers from the past 22 games and what that equates to over a whole season?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Wow 52g pace over a 1/4 of a season is insane. I wonder if he could actually put up a 50g season in his career.
I think he is more likely to lead the league in assists then score 50 in a season. If he was to play with Mathews...Mathews could lead the league in goals. With Marner challenging for the Art Ross.

Reactions: ACC1224

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I think he is more likely to lead the league in assists then score 50 in a season. If he was to play with Mathews...Mathews could lead the league in goals. With Marner challenging for the Art Ross.
I agree with you but it's crazy to think that most people, including myself, figured he'd likely top out as a 20-25g scorer while putting up alot of assists. For him to pace 52g is much more than predicted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad